Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 – The Indian Navy invites application from unmarried male candidates for enrolment as Sailors – Sports Quota Entry for the post of Direct Entry Petty Officer, Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR), Matric Recruits (MR). Candidate with the qualification of 10th/ 12th are eligible to apply for this job. The selection process is based on the trials and medical examination. Interested and eligible unmarried male candidates can apply for this post through postal on or before 26 January 2020. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
About Indian Navy: The Indian Navy is the Naval Branch of the Indian Armed Forces under the supreme commander called President of India. The Merchant Marine is the sister service of the Indian Navy to safeguard the nations. The Maratha emperor Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is the father of the Indian Navy. He started the Maratha Empire in 1674 after that it established the naval force called Indian Navy. The First Squadron of fighting ships called East India Company’s marine arrived on 5 September 1612. The primary objective of the Indian navy is to identify the threat or any other issues in and from the sea. Indian Navy has 67,228 personnel, 137 ships and 235 aircraft at present. It has its own defence operations to protect the nation from enemy forces territory and trade. Objectives of the Indian Navy:-
- The Indian Navy has to prevent the nation against war or intervention.
- In case of war, the navy has to make a decision quickly and confidently.
- Provide security for India’s territorial integrity, citizens from the sea border.
- The Indian navy is the safeguard of India’s mercantile marine, maritime trade, and maritime security.
Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 Details:
Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 for Sailors:
|Job Role||Direct Entry Petty Officer/ Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR)/ Matric Recruits (MR) (Sports Quota)|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||26 January 2020|
Direct Entry Petty Officer:
- 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
- Team Games. Should have participated at International/ National/ State level at junior / senior level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament.
- Individual Events. Should have attained a minimum of 6th position in Nationals (seniors) or 3rd position in National (juniors) or 3rd position in the Inter University meets.
Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR):
- 10+2 qualified in any stream or equivalent examination.
Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level or represented a University in the Inter University tournament
Matric Recruits (MR):
- 10th /equivalent qualified.
Sports Proficiency: Should have participated at International/National/State level tournament.
- Direct Entry Petty Officer: 17 – 22 years (born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2003)
- Senior Secondary Recruit: 17 – 21 years (born between 01 Feb 1999 to 31 Jan 2003)
- Matric Recruits (MR): 17 – 21 years (born between 01 Apr 1999 to 31 Mar 2003)
- During the training period: Rs. 14,600/- per month
- On successful completion of initial training: Rs. 21,700- 43,100/-
Join Indian Navy Recruitment Selection Process:
Deserving candidates would be called to appear for trials at designated Naval Centers. The candidates qualifying trials will undergo medical examination at INS Hamla, Mumbai.
How to Apply Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 for Sailors?
All interested and eligible unmarried male candidates send their application form on A4 size paper only as per the given format along with the required documents to the given postal address on or before 26 January 2020.
For More Details & Application Format: Click here
Join Indian Navy Recruitment for Designated Trades at Visakhapatnam: (Expired)
|Job Role||Designated Trades|
|Job Location||Visakhapatnam (AP)|
|Last Date||12 December 2019|
- Candidates should pass 10th with a minimum of 50% (aggregate) and ITI (NCVT/SCVT) in relevant trades with a minimum of 65% (aggregate).
- Electrician, Electronics Mechanic & Mechanic (Radio & T.V.), Fitter, Instrument Mechanic, Machinist, Painter (General), R & A/C Mechanic, Welder (Gas & Electric), Carpenter, Foundryman, Mechanic (Diesel), Sheet Metal Worker, Plumber
Physical Standards: Height minimum – 137 cm, Weight minimum – 25.4 Kg, other standards as per the Apprentices Act 1961.
Age Limit (as on 01.04.2020):
- For General/ OBC: 01 Apr 1999 to 01 Apr 2006
- For SC/ ST: 01 Apr 1994 to 01 Apr 2006
Post-Wise Vacancies: (Total – 275 Posts)
- Electrician: 29 Posts
- Electronics Mechanic: 32 Posts
- Fitter: 29 Posts
- Instrument Mechanic: 15 Posts
- Machinist: 19 Posts
- Painter (General): 15 Posts
- R & A/C Mechanic: 19 Posts
- Welder (Gas & Electric): 23 Posts
- Carpenter:23 Posts
- Foundryman: 7 Posts
- Mechanic (Diesel): 14 Posts
- Sheet Metal Worker: 29 Posts
- Pipe Fitter: 21 Posts
Join Indian Navy – Selection Process:
The selection process is based on the written test, interview and medical exam.
- Written examination would be objective type
- Each question carrying one and a half (1½) marks
- Interview and Medical Exam:
- Candidates in the order of merit of written examination would be called for interview.
- The interview is based on the technical skills of the Candidates in respective trade
- Candidates finally selected in the interview will have to undergo a medical examination.
How to Apply for Join Indian Navy Recruitment 2019?
All interested and eligible candidates first register in the Apprenticeship Training Portal lastly by 5 December 2019. On completion of online registration, two original hall tickets and all relevant documents along with check-off list placed at Part – III of Annexure – I of this Advertisement indicating the status of enclosed documents are required to be forwarded to the given postal address on or before 12 December 2019.
For More Details & Apprentice Profile: Click here
Apprenticeship Training Portal: Click here
The Officer-in-charge (for Apprenticeship),
Naval Dockyard Apprentices School,
VM Naval Base S.O., P.O.,
Visakhapatnam – 530 014,
- Last date to apply Apprenticeship Training Portal online: 05.12.2019
- Last date to apply offline: 12.12.2019
Written Examination Date:-
- Written examination for all trades at DAS(Vzg): 29.01.2020 AM
- Declaration of written exam results at DAS(Vzg): 31.01.2020 PM
Schedule for Date of Interview and Medical Exams:-
- Electrician/Electronics Mechanic/Instrument Mechanic: 03.02.2020
- Painter/Welder/Carpenter/Sheet Metal Worker: 04.02.2020
- Fitter/R & AC Mechanic/Mechanic (Diesel): 05.02.2020
- Machinist/Foundryman/Pipe Fitter: 06.02.2020