India Post Office Recruitment 2023: India Post Office has advertised recruitment for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants/Postman Mail Guards/ Multi Tasking Staff/Staff Car Drivers post. There are 1910 vacancies available for this post. Qualification with SSC/HSC/Any Degree is eligible for this post. The detailed qualification is mentioned below.
India Post Office Recruitment 2023:
India Post is generally called a post office among people and works under the Department of Posts and the Ministry of Communication. Its headquarters is in Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi. It is located in 155,015 places across the country. India Post Payments Bank(IPPB) is a subsidiary of India Post. India Post has various postal circles across the country. It has various opportunities like Staff Driver, Post Man, Multi Tasking Staff(MTS), Postal Assistant, Mail Guard, and Gramin Dak Sevak(GDS). Candidates who completed Matriculation/10th qualification can join various vacancies in the Post Office. Delhi/ Andhra Pradesh/Telangana circle job notification for GDS has been released.
India Post Office Recruitment 2023:
India Post Office Recruitment 2023 for Meritorious Sports Persons:
|Job Role||Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant/Postman Mail Guard/ Multi Tasking Staff|
|Total Vacancies||1899 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 18,000 – Rs 81,100/-|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||09 December 2023|
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant:
- Any Degree from a recognized University.
- Knowledge of working on computers.
- 12th standard pass from a recognized Board.
- Should have passed the local language of the concerned Postal Circle or Division as one of the subjects in 10th standard or above.
- Knowledge of working on Computer.
- Valid license to drive a two-wheeler or Light Motor Vehicle (For the post of Postman only).
- Persons with Benchmark Disability are exempted from the possession of a license.
Multi Tasking Staff: 10th standard pass from a recognized Board.
About Meritorious Sports Persons:
A candidate shall be considered as a meritorious sportsperson for recruitment under this notification concerning the following criteria:
- Sportspersons representing a State or the Country in the National or International competition in any sports/games mentioned in the Notification.
- Sportspersons who have represented their university in the Inter-University Tournaments conducted by the Inter-University Sports Board in any sports/games mentioned in the notification.
- Sportspersons who have represented the State School teams in the National Sports / Games for schools conducted by the All India School Games Federation in any sports/games mentioned in the notification.
- Sportspersons who have been awarded National Awards in Physical Efficiency under the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
Duration: Appointment shall be on probation for under two (2) years.
Age Limit (as on 09 December 2023):
- Postal/Sorting Assistant/Postman/Mail Guard: 18-27 Years
- Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS): 18-25 Years
- Relaxation in the upper age limit of five (5) years shall be allowed in each case.
- In addition, relaxation in the upper age limit of five (5) years shall be allowed only to candidates belonging to SC/ST in each case.
- Accordingly, ten years of age relaxation is only allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST.
- Postal/Sorting Assistant: Level 4 (Rs 25,500 – Rs.81,100)
- Postman/Mail Guard: Level 3 (Rs 21,700 – Rs.69,100)
- Multi Tasking Staff (MTS): Level 1 (Rs 18,000 – Rs.56,900)
|Circle||Postal Assistant||Sorting Assistant||Postman||Mail Guard||Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)|
The selection process will based on a merit list.
- The provisional merit list shall be prepared only based on information provided in the online application portal, and no additional information shall be entertained offline before the provisional merit list is prepared.
- Candidates are advised to give only the details of their highest participation/achievement in sports.
- For example, if a candidate has participated in both National and International events, she/he shall submit details of all such International events, for which he/she has a valid Form-1 mentioned below, and need not give details of all other achievements.
Order of Preference of Sports Achievement for Preparation of Provisional Merit List:
First preference will be given to candidates representing the country in an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION with the Department of Youth Affairs & Sports clearance.
- Next preference will be given to those who have represented a State/U.T. in the SENIOR OR JUNIOR LEVEL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS organized by the National Sports Federation recognized by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports or National Games organized by the Indian Olympics Association and have won medals or positions up to 3rd place.
- Between the candidates participating in Senior and Junior National Championships / Games, the candidates who have participated and won medals in the Senior National Championship shall be given preference.
Next, preference will be given to those who have represented a University in an international competition conducted by the Association of Indian Universities / Inter-University Sports Board and have won medals or positions up to the 3rd place in the finals.
Next, preference will be given to those who have represented the State Schools in the NATIONAL SPORTS / GAMES FOR SCHOOLS conducted by the All-India School Games Federation and have won medals or positions up to 3rd place.
Next, preference will be given to those awarded the National Award in Physical Efficiency under National Physical Efficiency Drive.
Next, preference will be given to those who represented a State / Union Territory / University / State School team at the level mentioned in categories (ii) to (iv) but could not win a medal or position in the same order of preference.
- In the event of a tie, a candidate who has secured a higher position shall be given the preference. A candidate who has won more medals will be preferred if there is still a tie.
- Participation in individual and team events/items shall be given the same preference.
- Except in case of a tie, no preference will be given for winning more than one medal/position.
- In case of any doubt about the status of a tournament, the matter will be decided in consultation with the Department of Personnel & Training and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Women, Transgender and candidates belonging to SC, ST, PwBD and EWS are exempted from payment of fees.
- For others: Rs.100/-
Application Fees Mode: Online Mode Only
How to Apply for India Post Office Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 09 December 2023.
For more details: Click here.
To Apply: Click here.
Window for Application Form Correction:
After the closing date for receipt of online applications, five (05) days will be provided to candidates to correct/modify online application parameters, wherein candidates will be allowed to re-submit applications after making requisite corrections/changes.
- Start date for receipt of online applications: 10.11.2023
- Last date for receipt of online applications: 09.12.2023
- Last date for making online fee payment: 09.12.2023
- Dates of Window for Application Form Correction: 10.12.2023 to 14.12.2023
India Post Office Recruitment 2023 for Staff Car Driver:
|Job Role||Staff Car Driver|
|Total Vacancies||11 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 19,900 – Rs 63,200/-|
|Job Location||Madhya Pradesh|
|Last Date||24 November 2023|
- SSC from a recognized Board or Institute.
- Possession of a valid driving licence for light & heavy motor vehicles.
- Experience of driving Light & Heavy motor vehicles for at least three years.
- The candidate should be able to remove minor defects in the vehicle.
Desirable qualification: Three years of Home Guard or Civil Volunteer service.
Duration: 2 Years
Age Limit (as on 24 November 2023): 18-27 Years
- OBC- 03 years
- SC/ST- 05 years
- Central Government Servant- 40 years
- Ex-Serviceman- 3 years
Total Vacancies: 11 Posts
- UR- 05
- SC- 02
- ST- 02
- OBC- 01
- EWS- 01
Salary Details: Rs. 19900-Rs 63200 in Level-2 as per Pay Matrix specified in (Ordinary Grade)
The selection process will be based on an Online Test. The examination shall be conducted in 2 stages. Candidates qualifying in Stage I shall be eligible to appear for a test in Stage II.
- Stage-I: Theory Test for Knowledge of General Knowledge, Simple arithmetic, general intelligence & reasoning, motor mechanism, traffic rules, signals and regulations (80 marks)
- Stage II: Practical Test for Knowledge of Motor Mechanism and Driving. (20 Marks)
A pattern of Examination :
Stage-I of Examination: Theory Test
|Competitive or Qualifying||Competitive|
|Type of Question||MCQ|
|Language of Question||English and Hindi Paper|
Stage II of Examination: Practical Test
- Paper I – 10 Marks(20 Minutes)
- Paper II – 10 Mark(20 Minutes)
Minimum Qualifying Mark:
- SC/ST – 33% in each Paper
- OBC & EWS – 37% in each Paper
- For Others – 40% in each Paper
Application Fees: An Indian Postal Order for Rs.100/- from any Post Office.
Application Mode: Speed Post/Registered Post Only.
How to apply for India Post Office Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can download the form from the official website and submit their applications on or before 24 November 2023 to the below-mentioned Postal Address.
For more details & Application Form: Click here.
Asstt Director (Estt/Rectt),
O/o Chief Postmaster General,
- An Indian Postal Order for Rs.100/- from any Post Office should be enclosed as an application fee in an envelope superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF STAFF CAR DRIVER (ORDINARY GRADE)”
- Applications sent through private courier, unregistered post, ordinary mail,other means and by hand etc. will not be accepted.
India Post Office Recruitment 2023 FAQS :
What all are the vacancies available at India Post Office Recruitment ?
At present, The available vacancies are in the posts of Postal/Sorting Assistant/Postman Mail Guard/MTS/Staff Car Driver.
How many vacancies are available in India Post ?
There are totally about 1910 vacancies available.
How can we apply for India Post Office Recruitment 2023 ?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply through online/postal.
What is the last date for apply?
The candidates should apply before 09 December 2023.