Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2023 notification announced for the examination for recruitment. There are totally about 1105 vacancies available in above mentioned jobs. Candidates with the qualification of any Degree are eligible to apply for the exam. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the exam. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023:
|Examination Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Total Vacancies||1105 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||21 February 2023|
- A candidate must hold a Graduate degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Age Limit (As on 01 August 2023): 21 to 32 years
Relaxations in upper Age Limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Vacancies in following services : 1105 Posts
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 Selection Process:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only, the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Minimum qualifying marks: The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
- The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section (B) of Section II out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Section II (B) Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
- Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Civil Services (Main) Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an Interview/Personality Test, sub-section (C) of Section-II.
- The number of candidates to be summoned for Interview/Personality Test will be about twice of the number of vacancies to be filled.
- The Interview/Personality Test will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
UPSC Civil Services Exam – Scheme of Main Examination
- Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate) – 300 Marks
- Paper-B (English) – 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit:
|Paper-I (Essay)||250 Marks|
(General Studies -II)
(General Studies -III)
(General Studies -IV)
(Optional Subject – Paper 1)
(Optional Subject – Paper 2)
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
- The application fees for the UPSC Civil Services examination is Rs. 100/-
Note: No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates.
Mode of Payment:
- Offline mode by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or
- Online mode by using Visa/Master/Ru-Pay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 ?
All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position online at their official website on or before 21 February 2023 till 6.00 pm.
For more details : Click here
To Apply : Click here