TNPSC JSO Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Junior Scientific Officer in the Forensic Sciences Department. There are 31 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with the qualification of M.Sc is eligible to apply for the job. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
TNPSC JSO Recruitment 2023:
|Job Role||Junior Scientific Officer|
|Total Vacancies||31 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 36,900 – 1,35,100/-|
|Job Location||Across Tamil Nadu|
|Last Date||26 May 2023|
Junior Scientific Officer:
- M.Sc., (Forensic Science) Degree and a Degree in the Subject, for the streams of Biology/Physics/Chemistry to which he/ she is appointed. (OR)
- Provided that other things are equal, preference shall be given to a person who holds a degree in M.Sc., (Forensic Science).
- Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.
- Others: 18 – 32 years
- SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC, and BCM and Destitute Widows of all castes: Minimum 18 years ( No Maximum age limit )
- The Maximum age limit for Ex-Servicemen is 50 years.
- The above-mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-Servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Salary: Rs 36,900 – 1,35,100/-
No.of.Vacancies: 31 Posts
- Chemistry: 20 Posts
- Biology: 04 Posts
- Physics: 03 Posts
- Physics and Chemistry (Division: Computer Forensic Science): 04 Posts
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview.
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and the availability of vacancies for the particular Group, the tentative list of eligible candidates for Certificate Verification will be announced on the Commission’s website. After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates will be summoned for Oral tests following the rule of reservation of appointment and availability of vacancies for the particular Group.
- A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in the Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test.
- Final selection for appointment to this post will be done in the form of counseling on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together, subject to the rule of reservation of appointment and availability of vacancies for the particular Group.
Scheme of Examination:
- Marks secured in Paper-I and Part-B of Paper-II will only be considered for the ranking.
- The Candidates who have obtained a PG degree in Forensic science should appear in the subject Forensic Science in Paper-I.
- The questions for the subjects Forensic Science, Biology, and Computer Science in Paper – I will be set in English only and questions for the subjects Physics and Chemistry in Paper – I will be set both in English and Tamil.
- The questions for Part – B of Paper II will be set both in English and Tamil.
|Paper –I:- (PG Degree Standard)||3 hours||300|
|Paper – II: Part-A – Tamil Eligibility Test||3 hours||150|
|Part-B: General Studies/Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||150|
|Interview and Records||60|
Application Fees :
- For One-Time Registration: Rs 150/-
- Examination Fees: Rs 100/-
- For SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, PwBD, Destitute Widow: Exemption from exam fees.
How to apply for TNPSC JSO Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website latest by 26 May 2023. After the last date for submission of the online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window period from 02 June 2023 to 04 June 2023. The uploaded documents can be edited/uploaded/re-uploaded up to 10 July 2023 till 11.59 P.M.
For more details: Click here
For OTR Registration: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- After submitting the application, applicants can save/print their application in PDF format.
- The details will be made available on the Commission’s website.
- Applicants will be informed of the above fact only through SMS and e-mail and they should watch the Commission’s website in this regard.
- Last date upto which the Online Application can be edited/ submitted/ payment of fees can be made: 26 May 2023
- Online Application Correction Window period From 02 June 2023 12.01 A.M to 04 June 2023 11.59 P.M
- The last date upto which the applicants are permitted to upload/ re-upload the documents is 10 July 2023
- Publication of Examination Results: October 2023
- Certificate Verification / Oral Test: November 2023
- Counseling: November 2023
- Date of Examination PAPER –I: 23 July 2023 ( 9.30 am – 12.30 pm )
- Date of Examination PAPER II: 23 July 2023 ( 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm )