Madras University Recruitment 2023 notification announced the post of University Research Fellowship. There is 54 vacancy available for the post. Candidates with the qualification of a Master’s degree are eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through postal. The detailed eligibility Criteria and Recruitment Procedure are mentioned below.
Madras University Recruitment 2023 for University Research Fellowship:
|Job Role||University Research Fellowship|
|Total Vacancies||54 Posts|
|Last date to apply||17 November 2023|
Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
University Research Fellowship:
- Candidates shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- Master’s Degree in the faculties of Arts, Sciences, Fine Arts, Languages, Commerce, Education, Management Science of this University or equivalent thereto.
Note: A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Duration: Fellowship is initially for one year and extended 2 more years on recommendation of the Doctoral Committee / Research Advisory Committee
Stipend: Rs.7,000/- per month and Rs.5000/- per annum as a Contingency grant
No.of.Vacancies: 54 Posts
- Adult & Cont. Education: 01 Post
- Ancient His & Archaeology: 02 Posts
- Anna Centre for Pub. Affairs: 02 Posts
- Anthropology: 02 Posts
- Christian studies: 01 Post
- Criminology: 02 Posts
- Defence & Str. Studies: 02 Posts
- Dr. Ambedkar Chair in Economics: 01 Post
- Economics: 02 Posts
- Education: 01 Post
- English: 01 Post
- French: 02 Posts
- Indian History: 01 Post
- Indian Music: 01 Post
- Library & inf. Science: 01 Post
- Management studies: 02 Posts
- Philosophy: 02 Posts
- Politics & Pub. Admin: 02 Posts
- Psychology: 01 Post
- Sociology: 01 Post
- UGC-Centre for South & SEAS: 01 Post
- Institute of Distance Education: 01 Post
- Physical Education and Sports: 01 Post
- Arabic: 01 Post
- Kannada: 01 Post
- Malayalam: 01 Post
- Sanskrit: 01 Post
- Tamil Literature: 02 Posts
- Tamil Language: 01 Post
- Bio-Technology: 01 Post
- CISL: 01 Post
- Inorganic Chemistry: 01 Post
- Network Systems and Information Technology: 01 Post
- Anatomy: 01 Post
- Endocrinology: 01 Post
- Genetics: 01 Post
- Medical Biochemistry: 01 Post
- Microbiology: 01 Post
- NCUFP: 01 Post
- Pathology: 01 Post
- Pharmacology & E.T: 01 Post
- Physiology: 01 Post
- The selection process will include interviews.
- The date of the interview will be intimated through email only by the concerned Head of the Departments
Application fee be paid online under the General Payments Category (Other General Payments)] or Demand Draft for Rs.200/- drawn in favour of “The Registrar, University of Madras” should be sent to the concerned heads of the Departments in the respective campus.
How to apply for Madras University Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can send Filled applications with necessary enclosures along with online payment receipt to the mentioned address on or before 17 November 2023.
For more details & Application Form: Click here.
The University of Madras,
Chennai 600 005.
Note: Mention your Email and Mobile Number while submitting the applications for further communication]