IIAP Recruitment 2024: The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) has announced notification for the Project Assistant post. There is one opening for the above-mentioned posts. Candidates with the qualification of B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/B.Ed are eligible to apply for IIAP Careers. Interested and eligible candidates can attend the Walk-in interview on 27 February 2024. The detailed eligibility and selection process of IIAP Jobs are explained below. Interested candidates can also try NIMHANS Recruitment & TIFR Recruitment.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) has advertised for Project Assistant posts. This new vacancy from IIAP is for Freshers. If you want to know more details regarding the job, like Salary, Age, mode of application, examination, selection, Application fee, important dates, and job location, you can find it below. You can check the official notification below if you still have any doubts.
The selection process will be based on Interviews. The age limit for the Project Assistant post is 50 years. Candidates are offered a monthly salary of Rs. 24,000/-. Candidates with requisite qualifications from recognized universities/boards/institutions must only apply. Interested and eligible candidates can attend the Walk-in interview on 27 February 2024. For more details, visit https://www.iiap.res.in/
Indian Institute of Astrophysics: The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is an autonomous academic national institution under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India dedicated to research in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Allied Sciences & Technology. The Institute has its main campus in Koramangala, Bangalore and CREST Campus at Hosakote, Bangalore. It operates field stations at Kavalur & Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Gauribidanur in Karnataka, and Leh/Hanle in Union Territory of Ladakh. It is also building a state-of-the-art planetarium in Mysuru in collaboration with University of Mysore, and a vibrant outreach program has been in place since more than a year. This advertisement is for hiring a Project Assistant to join this outreach team.
IIAP Recruitment 2024 for Project Assistant:
|Karnataka Govt Jobs
|27 February 2024
Detailed Eligibility – IIAP Jobs:
- B.Sc. degree in Physics or Mathematics, or any undergraduate degree with Physics as a major, or B.Ed with science specialization, or B.E/B.Tech with recognized by UGC/AICTE with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- Exposure to basic astronomy in some structured fashion (e.g. amateur astronomy, online or inperson astronomy courses, planetarium internships, etc).
- Experience in a job involving science (preferably including astronomy) outreach and communication, in a formal or informal capacity, especially in non-urban settings, for at least 6 months.
- Knowledge of how to operate a telescope and of the night sky Has written about science for magazines, blogs etc in English or Kannada
- Demonstrable knowledge in basic astronomy concepts, and general physics.
- Excellent in spoken and written Kannada, and fluent in spoken and written English; ability to explain basic science concepts in Kannada.
- Good computer skills (Google services, document editing, usage of basic image editing software etc) and ability to type in Kannada
- Good at communication, especially with students, and in engaging with local communities.
- Work with the COSMOS outreach personnel for the design and implementation of the various education and outreach projects of COSMOS, including project management,
- Help conduct programs in schools and colleges in Mysore and nearby areas, and other public outreach events, including telescope shows. Some of these may be in the evenings or weekends.
- Help carry out our programs for rural areas along with our collaborators. This will involve travel to rural areas (supported by ITA).
- Help in creation of resource material in digital form, physical copies, and in translation in Kannada.
- Help coordinate and conduct regular outreach events in the towns in the neighborhood.
Duration: The tenure of appointment is initially for a period of one year and extendable annually for the
maximum three years (including initial one year) subject to satisfactory performance of the candidate assessed annually and requirement of the project.
Age Limit of IIAP Careers: 50 years
Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is permissible to SC, ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
- Project Assistant: Rs. 24,000/- (Consolidated)
No.of.Vacancies: 01 Post
Selection Process of IIAP Jobs:
- The selection process includes an Interview.
- It is open to the Institute to conduct written test to shortlist the candidates for interview in case the attendance of candidates is more
How to apply for IIAP Recruitment 2024?
Interested and eligible candidates can attend the Walk-in Interview on 27 February 2024 (9 AM) with Application form attached with this advertisement with a passport size photograph pasted on the top of the application along with original certificates related to their qualification and experience and also one set of self-certified photo copies.
For more details & Application form: Click here
Venue details of IIAP Jobs:
Date & Time: 27 February 2024
Registration Time: 9 AM to 10 AM
Bangalore – 560 034
IIAP Career 2024 FAQ:
Q1.What all are the vacancies available at IIAP Recruitment?
Ans. At present IIAP having vacancies for Project Assistant
Q2.Who can apply IIAP Vacancies?
Ans. Candidates who completed B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc/B.Ed are eligible to apply
Q3.How to apply for IIAP Recruitment?
Ans. Interested and eligible candidates can attend the Walk-in interview on 27 February 2024