CLRI Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the Project Assistant/Project Associate/JRF/SRF. There are 13 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/B.Sc/M.Sc/Diploma qualifications can apply. Interested and eligible candidates can attend the walk-in interview on 27 October 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
CLRI Recruitment 2023 for Project Assistant/Project Associate/JRF/SRF:
|Job Role||Project Assistant/Project Associate/JRF/SRF|
|Total Vacancies||13 Posts|
|Location||Adyar, Chennai (TN)|
|Interview date||27 October 2023|
- Diploma in Catering Technology / Catering Science from a recognized University/ Institute OR
- B.Sc in Catering Technology / Catering Science from a recognized University/ Institute
- Essential: B.Sc. in Biotechnology from a recognized University/ Institute
- Desirable: Candidates having 60% and above marks in B.Sc and minimum 06 months experience in recombinant protein expression and experience in the area of recombinant protein expression, large scale production, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins will be given preference
- Essential: B.E / B.Tech in Leather Technology from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Essential: MSc Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Molecular Biology / Life Sciences / Genetic Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Desirable: Candidates having experience in cell culture and molecular biology techniques will be given preference
- Essential: M.Sc Chemistry /Microbiology from recognized University/ Institute.
- Desirable: Candidates having 60% and above marks in M.Sc and experience in analysis of wastewater, solid waste samples and operation of bench scale biological reactors with computer knowledge will be given preference
- Essential: M.Sc. in Molecular Biology /Biotechnology from a recognized University / Institute and at least two years of post-M.Sc. research experience.
- Desirable: Candidates having the following will be given preference:
- 60% and above marks in M.Sc.
- experience in the area of recombinant protein optimization, expression, purification and characterization.
Junior Research Fellow:
- M.Sc in General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry / Biochemistry from a recognized University/ Institute OR
- M.E/ M.Tech in Leather Technology/Textile Technology/ Chemical Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute and candidates must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET or GATE.
- Desirable: Candidate having the following qualifications / experience /skills will be given preference:
- First class or equivalent in M.Sc / M.E / M.Tech will be given Preference.
- Good academic record with research experience.
- Expertise in all aspects of purification and characterization.
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of plant material extraction and characterization techniques.
Senior Research Fellow:
- Essential: M.Sc. Medical Biochemistry with at least 55% marks from a recognized University / Institute and one publication in SCI Journal and should have completed at least two years of post M.Sc. research experience.OR
- M.Tech in Biotechnology with at least 60% marks from a recognized University / Institute
- Desirable: Candidates having experience in the area of Protein Purification, fabrication of biomaterial and its characterization, mammalian cell culture will be given preference.
Age Limit(As on 08 October 2023):
- Project Assistant: 50 Years
- Project Associate-I: 35 Years
- Project Associate-II: 35 Years
- JRF: 28 Years
- SRF: 32 Years
Age Relaxation: Age relaxation as per Government of India/ funding agency norms:
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes, Divyangjan (PWD) and female applicants whereas 3 years in the case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates
- Project Assistant: Rs. 20,000/-
- Project Associate-I: Rs. 25,000/-
- Project Associate-II: Rs. 28,000/-
- JRF: Rs. 31,000/-
- SRF: Rs. 35,000/-
No.of. vacancies: 13 Posts
- Project Assistant: 03 Posts
- Project Associate-I: 06 Posts
- Project Associate-II: 1 Posts
- JRF: 02 Posts
- SRF: 01 Post
The selection process will be based on walk-in interview
How To Apply For CLRI Recruitment 2023?
The interested and eligible candidate can attend the walk-in interview on 27 October 2023.
For More Details: Click here.
For Application Form: Click here.
Interview Date & Time:
- Project Associate-I/JRF: 27 October 2023 at 9.00 am
- Project Assistant/Project Associate-I & II/SRF: 27 October 2023 at 1.00 pm
CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute,
Sardar Patel Road,
Chennai – 600020.
Documents to be carried:
- Duly filled in Application Form
- self-attested photocopies of requisite certificates/ documents (viz. Date of Birth certificate, 10th or equivalent certificate, XII or equivalent certificate, Graduation certificate, experience proof (if applicable) etc.
- original certificates for verification, a photo ID proof like an Aadhar Card, Voter I- ard or any other Photo ID Card issued by any Government Agency
- 02 passport-size colour photographs.