Common Admission Test CAT 2019 will be conducted once in the year by one of the Indian Institute of Management(IIM’s) in India. The main objective of conducting the CAT is to offer common admission to the management courses in IIM’s and Top MBA/PGDM colleges in India. The mode of conducting test will be a computer-based test but the question paper and syllabus will be varied based on the conducting IIM’s. Are you searching for GATE 2020
CAT(Common Admission Test) 2019:
The notification for the CAT 2019 is expected to release on 28 July 2019. For this year CAT examination, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode is the conducting body and it will be officially released soon. Approximately exam centers will be arranged in across 156 cities in India for CAT 2019. In which those exam centers candidates will be able to choose four choices of their preferable examination centers.After that examination centers will be allotted and announced after the registration process completed.
Check below table for important dates of CAT 2019:-
|Date of Notification||28 July 2019|
|CAT Registration opens||07 August 2019|
|CAT Registration Ends||18 September 2019|
|CAT Admit card 2019||23 October 2019|
|CAT 2019 Exam Date||24 November 2019|
|CAT Answer Key 2019||December 2019|
|CAT Result 2019||January 2020|
CAT Eligibility 2019:
- Graduate in any stream with the aggregate of 50 marks or its equivalent.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with 50 marks or its equivalent.
- Final year students of any degree are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum marks will be 45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PwD) categories
Exam Pattern of CAT 2019:
- The Common Admission Test is the online computer-based test with a duration of 180 minutes.
- The total of 100 questions for 300 marks.
- There will be three sections namely VARD with 34 questions, DILR with 32 questions and QA with 34 questions.
- The section limit will be 60 minutes for all sections.
- For every correct answer, 3 marks will be added while for negative answer 1 marks will be reduced.
- The medium of examination will be English.
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||32|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||37|
CAT Question Types:
- There will be the two types of questions viz Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ), Type In The Answer(TITA).
- Multiple Choice Questions will consist of four choices of answer relevant to the questions.
- Type In The Answer questions not have many choices it will be the direct answer to type in the screen.
- Indian Institute of Management will allow candidates to check frequently asked questions on the official website from 28 July onwards.
- Candidates can access the tutorial for CAT 2019 on the CAT portal from 16 October onwards.
- Question will be separated into three sections and each section will have a time limit of 60 minutes to answer the questions.
CAT Syllabus 2019:
CAT syllabus can consist of QA, DILR and VARC sections. Check below table for the topics included:-
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Geometric Progression, Percentages, Mensuration, Ratios and Proportion, Number system, Work and time, HCF & LCM, Geometry, Trigonometry, Inequalities, Logarithms, Time-Speed-Distance|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Blood Relations, Series, Proposition, Statements, Data Arrangement, Family Tree, Coding-Decoding, Assumptions, Puzzles, Tables, Pie Charts, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Sets, Data Structures, Syllogism.|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Contextual usage, Foreign language words used in English, Different usage of the same word, Idioms, Antonyms, Foreign language words used in English, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Sentence completion, Grammar, Syllogisms, Jumbled paragraphs|
CAT 2019 Result:
Common Admission Test Result 2019 will be released in the first week of January 2020. The result will be declared only on the online mode and there is no other mode is encouraged. Steps to check CAT Result:-
Step 1: Visit the official website of IIM Kozhikode CAT 2019
Step 2: Find and click on “Download CAT scorecard”
Step 3: Submit your CAT ID and password
Step 4: View your CAT scorecard
Step 5: Take a copy of your reference.
Enlisted details on CAT Result cum Scorecard:
CAT scorecard will consist of candidates details, examination details, and score details. The hard copy of the score will be obtained by taking the printout of the result page. Check details printed on the CAT Result cum Scorecard:-
- Candidates Name
- CAT ID and Password
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Date and time of CAT 2019
- Section-wise Score
- Raw Score
- Sectional Percentiles
- Overall Percentile
CAT Cutoff 2019:
Indian Institute of Management will release the qualifying cutoff for every year. The final cutoff will not be released to the public. Factors to be considered for deciding the cutoff:-
- The difficulty level of the CAT Exam
- Number of candidates appeared
- Number of candidates passed
- Number of seats
CAT Admission 2019:
After the CAT Result declaration, the admission process will begin.CAT Admission will be done on the basis of CAT Score. Initially shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of CAT cutoff. After that selection will be done in the following ways:-
- Written Ability Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The total scores from the selection process will be taken for the final merit list. The final cutoff will be considered for admission process.aprat from the score previous academic scores, experience(if any), gender, and academic diversity also considered.
If the candidates shortlisted for an interview they have to submit the following documents:-
- Attested copies of all mark sheets.
- Original caste certificates/disability certificate(SC/ST/PWD)