GATE 2020: GATE is the entrance examination for the admission of Postgraduate engineering conducted across all over India. GATE examination will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology located in 7 cities as Delhi, Bombay, Kanpur, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Roorkee, and Madras.GATE 2020 is going to conducted by IIT Delhi. The opening of online registration and application form for GATE 2020 will be available from 03 September 2019 to 24th September 2019. Followed by the examination will take place on 01,02,08 and 09 February 2020. Before going to apply for the GATE 2020 candidates have to know the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and important date of GATE 2020.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) test will contain 24 papers in various streams of engineering. Aspirants of GATE will be able to appear GATE exam for one paper. Candidates can choose subject paper based on their graduation in the undergraduate or else future scope of the paper. For this year GATE introduced the new subject paper among 24 paper called Statistics (ST).Further details about the GATE entrance examination are:-
|Name of the Exam||GATE 2020 Entrance Examination|
|Commencement of Application form||03 September 2019|
|Application form ends||1 October 2019|
|Last date for change city||November 2019|
|Admit card release||January 2020|
|GATE 2020 exam||01,02,08 & 09 February 2020|
|Declaration of Result||16 March 2020|
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Before going to apply for GATE 2020 candidates have to clear about the eligibility criteria in order to avoid rejection in GATE 2020. For the candidates who are going to take the GATE entrance examination in 2020 eligibility criteria is given below:-
- Bachelor’s Degree holders in Engineering/Technology(4 years after 10+2 years after B.Sc/Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such course.
- Bachelor’s Degree holders in Architecture(Five years course)/Naval Architecture (Four years course) and those who are in Final year of such course.
- Bachelor’s Degree holders of Four-year program in science (B.S) and those who are in Final year of such course.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applicants or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of five years integrated Master’s degree or dual degree in engineering and technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of five years integrated M.Sc or Five years integrated B.Sc/M.Sc dual degree in engineering and technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the aspirants of GATE.
Nationality: Candidates who belong to Indian nationality and also the candidates of Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and Singapore will be eligible for GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern:
Students who are applied for the GATE 2020 has to start preparing for the examination. For that reason, they have to know the Exam pattern of GATE and also verify that any changes will be made in the exam pattern. The Gate 2020 will have 65 questions in terms of Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Type. The examination will be conducted in online mode with the facility of virtual Keypad available on the screen. Candidates can choose the answer with the virtual keyboard and on-screen calculator provided by the board. The Overview of GATE 2020 Exam pattern:
- Number of Papers: 24
- Mode of Exam: Online Computer Based Test
- Duration :3 Hours
- Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks: 100
- Type of Questions: MCQ(Multiple Choice Question) and NAT(Numerical Answer Questions).
- Negative Marking: For 1 mark question 1/3rd mark will be deducted and for 2 mark questions 2/3rd marks will be deducted. There will be no negative marking for numerical ability type questions.
GATE 2020 Syllabus:
Candidates can get the syllabus for 24 papers from the official website apart from this General Aptitude section was common for all 24 papers. This section was made to check the problem-solving ability of the candidates and also to check Verbal ability and Numerical ability. Candidates have to know the details of the subject paper to fill the application. The 24 Exams paper details with subject code:
|GATE 2020 Subject||Paper Code|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Engineering||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Eng||EC|
|Ecology and Evaluation||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
Polymer Science and Engineering
Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
|XE A-XE H|
|XL P -XL U|
Distribution of Marks:
The distribution of marks will be different based on the subject attempt in the GATE 2020. All subject papers will have 55 questions out of 65 and the remaining 10 will be in General Aptitude.
|GATE Paper||Subject||Marks distribution|
|AE, AG, BT, CE,
CH, CS, EC, EE,
IN, ME, MN, MT,
PE, PI, TF, and XF
|Engineering Mathematics + General Aptitude + Main Subject||15% +15% +70%|
|AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL.||General Aptitude + Main Subject||15% + 85%|
GATE 2020 Marking System:
GATE aspirants have to know the marking system of the examination. The GATE examination will contain 65 questions in terms of MCQ and NAT and each question will be awarded for 1 mark or 2 marks. The Important facility is that there will be the possibility for no answer choice.
- For 1 Mark Questions: For each correct answer will add 1 mark while for each wrong answer will reduce 1/3 mark.
- For 2 Marks Questions: For each correct answer will award 2 marks while for each wrong answer will reduce the 2/3 mark.
GATE 2020 Application process:
GATE application will be available in only the online official website. Candidates have to enter the details like name, address, contact details and have to submit such important documents needed. While entering the details candidates have carefully check it and then submit the details. Because those details will be appeared in the GATE Admit card 2020.
- For Indian candidates – SC/ST/PWD/ Female candidates-Rs.750 and Others -RS.1500
- For other countries – Ababa/Colombo/Dhaka/Kathmandu – US $ 50 and Dubai/Singapore – US$ 100
GATE Admit card:
Admit card will be released for the candidates who successfully submit the application on or before the last date. GATE Admit card 2020 will available only online the official website. Candidates cannot get a hard copy of admit card to their postal address. Along with Admit card candidates have brought any of the photo ID for the verification at the time of examination.
GATE 2020 Result:
candidates can get GATE 2020 result on 16th March 2020. The result will be based on the overall performance of the examination that will be calculated based on individual performance. The GATE does not provide the Hard copy of the scorecard and it will be obtained by downloading the result page.