Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 invited job application for the post of Apprentice in the designated trades at various Divisions/ Workshops/ Units in the jurisdiction of Southern Railway for 3529 vacancies and Sports Persons for 21 vacancies against Sports Quota, totally 3550 vacancies are available. Candidates with the qualification of ITI/10th/12th can apply for Apprentices job and candidates with 12th/ Any Degree can apply for this job. Eligible candidates can apply for this post online and through postal before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2019:
List of current openings in Southern Railways 2019:
|Job Role||Total Posts||Last Date|
|Apprentices||3529||31 December 2019|
|Sports Quota||21||23 December 2019|
Southern Railway Recruitment for Apprentices at Perambur:
|Job location||Perambur/Arakkonam/Chennai/ Ponmalai/ Trichy/Madurai/Podanur/Coimbatore/ Trivandrum/Palghat/Salem|
|Application Starting Date||01 December 2019|
|Last date||31 December 2019|
- Must have passed 10th class examination under 10, +2 system or its equivalent with
minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution.
For Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)(Radiology, Pathology & Cardiology):
- Must have passed +2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (For MLT Only).
Respective Trades: Fitter, Welder (G&E), Carpenter, Painter, Machinist, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Turner, Electronic Mechanic, Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Mechanic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, PASAA, Wireman
- Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PwD Candidates.
- Candidates with higher qualification viz. Diploma/Degree & Course Completed Act Apprentices are NOT eligible to apply.
Age Limit (as on the date of notification):
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Maximum age: Should NOT have completed 22/24 years for Freshers/Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively
Upper age is relaxable by:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Person with Disability (PwD): 10 years
Place & Category Wise Vacancies: (Total – 3529 Posts)
- Carriage & Wagon Work, Perambur: 80 Posts
- Railway Hospital/Perambur (MLT): 20 Posts
Ex-ITI Category: (Total – 1108 Posts)
- Carriage & Wagon Work, Perambur: 384 Posts
- Electrical Workshop, Perambur: 130 Posts
- Loco Works, Perambur: 214 Posts
- Engineering Works, Arakkonam: 67 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/AJJ: 74 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/AVD: 102 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/TBM: 60 Posts
- Chennai Division DSL/TNP: 9 Posts
- Chennai Division C&W/BBQ: 38 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/RPM: 27 Posts
- Railway Hospital/ Perambur (PASAA): 3 Posts
S&T Workshop/ Podanur and Palghat Division:
- Trade (Freshers ITI): 43 Posts
Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur, Coimbatore:
- Designated Trade (Ex.ITI): 52 Posts
- Designated Trade (Ex.ITI): 683 Posts
Palghat Division: (Total – 666 Posts)
- Designated Trade (Ex.ITI): 107 Posts
- Engineering: 130 Posts
- Electrical/ GS: 89 Posts
- Electrical/ TRD: 111 Posts
- MEMU Shed/Palakkad: 102 Posts
- Signal & Telecommunication: 127 Posts
Salem Division: (Total – 210 Posts)
- Diesel Loco Shed/ Erode: 80 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Depot/ Erode: 60 Posts
- Electric Loco Shed/ Erode: 70 Posts
Central Workshop/ Ponmalai:
- Designated Trade (Freshers ITI): 308 Posts
- Trade: 259 Posts
- Designated Trade: 100 Posts
Southern Railway Apprentice Selection Process:
Selection will be based on the merit list which would be prepared to take the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both 10th and ITI examination. Selected candidates have to bring a medical certificate at the time of document verification
Processing fee: Rs.100/-
Note: Ne fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates.
Mode of Payment: Through online mode.
How to Apply Southern Railway Recruitment for Apprentices?
All interested and eligible candidates should register your details in the Apprenticeship Portal and then apply for this post online from 01 December to 31 December 2019.
Note: For Central Workshop Ponmalai, Trichy, Madurai division, candidates are advised to get themselves registered and obtain a registration number from Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training Guindy/ Chennai and keep it ready with them. Candidates shall not be permitted to start Apprenticeship without RDAT registration number
For More Details & Apply: Click here
Apprenticeship Portal: Click here
RDAT: Click here
Southern Railway Recruitment for Sports Quota:
|Job Role||Sports Quota|
|Job location||Across India|
|Last date||23 December 2019|
- 12th pass for in Level 2 & 3 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC.
- Graduate for in Level 4 & 5 of Pay Matrix 7th CPC.
Sports Qualification: Check-in the given notification
Age limit (as on 01.01.2020): 18 to 25 years
Sports & Pay wise vacancies: (Total -21 Posts)
Level 2 to 5 in 7th P.C Pay Matrix
- Athletics – Men: 5 Posts
- Athletics – Women: 2 Posts
- Chess – Men: 1 Post
- Cricket – Women: 3 Posts
- Swimming – Men: 1 Post
- Volleyball – Men: 3 Posts
- Volleyball – Women: 4 Posts
- Weightlifting – Men: 2 Posts
Pay wise distribution of posts:
- Level 4 & 5: 5 Posts
- Level 2 & 3: 16 Posts
Pay Band Scale:
- Level 2: Rs. 19,900/-
- Level 3: Rs. 21,700/-
- Level 4: Rs. 25,500/-
- Level 5: Rs. 29,200/-
Southern Railway Recruitment – Selection process:
Selection is based on their performance during the trial and interview.
|For assessment of recognized Sports Achievements as per norms||50|
|For Game Skill, Physical Fitness & Coach’s Observations during Trials||40|
Note: Candidates who secured 25 marks or more in the trial only will be considered FIT
Minimum qualifying marks for recruitment in level 2 or 3 in 7th P.C pay matrix:
- Level 4 & 5: 70 Marks
- Level 2 & 3: 65 Marks
- For Others: Rs.500/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women/ Minority/ Economically Backward Classes: Rs. 250/-
Mode of Payment: In the form of IPO or Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “The Assistant Personnel Officer/ Railways Recruitment Cell, Chennai” payable at Chennai.
How to Apply Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 for Sports Quota?
All interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their duly filled application form along with the required documents to the following postal address before 23 December 2019.
For More Details: & Application Form: Click here
The Assistant Personnel Officer,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Southern Railway 3rd Floor,
No 5, P.V.Cherian Crescent Road,
Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.