RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019: Railway Recruitment Board released the notification for the 350000 vacancies under Nontechnical Popular Category (NTPC) for various posts like station master, Trains Clerk, Goods guard, Senior cum clerk, Junior Accountant and etc. Candidates who are applied for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019 has started the preparation for the examination. Before that candidates have to know the exam pattern and the syllabus covered in the examination. Here we will give detailed information about exam pattern and Syllabus based on the notification RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019. Candidates can download RRB NTPC Admit Card before few days of exam from RRB Regional official website.
Candidates who successfully submit the application form on the official website will be called for the selection process. The RRB shortlist the candidates for the selection based on the eligibility criteria and those are submitted the application on or before the last date. The selection will be made by various stages of examination and the individual performance on each stage of selection. RRB NTPC Selection stages are given below:-
Stage 1: Computer Based Test (CBT)-Prelims
Stage 2: Computer Based Test (CBT)-Mains
Stage 3: Skill Test(Aptitude or Typing test based on the post)
Stage 4: Document verification and Medical Fitness Test.
RRB NTPC Syllabus & CBT- 1st Stage Exam pattern :
- Computer Based Test or Prelims test will be common for all applied candidates.
- The examination will have 100 questions in objective type for the total of 100 marks and the time duration for CBT is 120 Minutes.
- The negative mark will be calculated for each wrong question is 1/3 mark per answer.
- The score of prelims will be used for the selection of candidates to the Mains exam.
Prelims Examination Pattern:
|S.No||Category||No. of Questions||Marks|
|3||General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
RRB NTPC Mains Exam Pattern:
- Candidates who are shortlisted from the CBT-1 will be able to appear for Mains or CBT-2 exam.
- There are one more eligibility criteria to be check is that candidates minimum educational qualification is equal to 10+2.
- The Total number of candidates in mains will be 20 times of the community vacancy.
- The Examination pattern for CBT-2 is given:-
|S.No||Category||No. of Questions||Marks|
|3||General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35|
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019 for CBT 1st Stage & 2nd Stage:
RRB NTPC both selection stages will have covered the same topics questions. The only change is that the number of questions taken for CBT-1 and CBT-2 is varied. The subject to be covered in RRB NTPC Syllabus 2019:-
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
General Awareness Topics:
General awareness topic will be the 40 questions in preliminary examination and 50 questions in Mains examination. Such topics to be covered are:-
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Games and Sports
- Arts and Culture of India
- History of India and Freedom struggle
- Physical and Social Economic Geography
- General Scientifica and Technological Developments
- Basics of Computer and computer applications
Mathematics will be the 30 questions in the preliminary exam and 35 questions in the mains examination. Such topics to be covered:-
- Number System
- Decimals and fractions
- LCM and HCF
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and distance
- Elementary Algebra
- Profit and loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Geometry and Trigonometry
General Intelligence and Reasoning Topics:
This section will be the 30 questions in prelims and 35 questions in the mains examinations. Such topics to be covered:-
- Analogies and Syllogism
- The number and Alphabetical series
- Coding and decoding
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical reasoning
- Data sufficiency
Aspects of RRB NTPC 2019:
- Negative mark will be available for both prelims and mains and it will be deducted as 1/3 per each wrong answer.
- Candidates are shortlisted to the ratio of 20 times of community vacancy in all post.
- The total time duration of the examination is 90 minutes for each stage of the selection examination.
- There are no marks will be reduced for the questions which are unanswered.