Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020 – Punjab Public Service Commission has announced an online job notification for recruitment to the post of Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)/Deputy Superintendent of Police/Tehsildar/Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies/Others. There are 75 vacancies are to be filled for this posts. Interested candidates who are all eligible for this recruitment can apply on or before 30 December 2020. The educational qualification of the candidates must be Bachelor degree. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below in detail.
Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020 :
Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020 for Punjab Civil Service /Deputy Superintendent of Police/Tehsildar/Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies/Others:
|Job Role||Punjab Civil Service /Deputy Superintendent of Police/Tehsildar/Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies/Others|
|Application Last Date||30 December 2020|
- The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution; Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for the qualifying degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of qualifying the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination.
- No candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Examination, unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.
Age Limit (as on 01.01.2020):
- For General – 21 to 37 years
- For Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab, Widows, Divorced women – 42 years
- For Punjab Govt. and its Board/Corporation/Commission and Authorities employees, all States/ Central Government employees – 45 years
- For PWD – 47 years
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – 20 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 26 Posts
- Tehsildar – 4 Posts
- Food Supply and Consumer Affair Officer – 2 Posts
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – 2 Posts
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operating Societies – 4 Posts
- Labour and Concillation Officer – 1 Post
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – 6 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent Jail/District Probation Officer – 10 Posts
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch) – Rs.53,100/month
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – Rs.53,100/month
- Tehsildar – Rs.44,900/month
- Food Supply and Consumer Affair Officer – Rs.44,900/month
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer – Rs.44,900/month
- Assistant Registrar Co-Operating Societies – Rs.44,900/month
- Labour and Concillation Officer – Rs.44,900/month
- Employment Generation and Training Officer – Rs.44,900/month
- Deputy Superintendent Jail/District Probation Officer – Rs.35,400/month
Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020 Selection Process:
- The selection process will be based on basis of the preliminary competitive examination, mains exam and interview.
- The Preliminary Combined Competitive Examination-2020 is tentatively scheduled in Feburary, 2021. Exact date for the Preliminary examination shall be intimated later on.
- The preliminary competitive examination will consist of two papers of 200 marks each and shall comprise of
objective type (multiple choice) questions.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks for each Questions||Total Marks|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test
Procedure and scheme for the Main Examination:
|Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 Standard)||100|
|English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)||100|
|General Studies Paper-I (History, Geography and
|General Studies Paper-II (Indian Constitution &
Polity, Governance and International Relations)
|General Studies Paper-III (Economy, Statistics and
|General Studies Paper-IV (Science & Technology,
Environment, Problem Solving and Decision
- For SC/ST/BC – Rs.1125/-
- For Ex-Servicemen – Rs.500/-
- All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, EWS, Punjab) – Rs.3000/-
- For Physically Handicapped – Rs.1750/-
Mode Of Payment:
The Application Fee must be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of Patiala. Candidate should carefully fill in the details of the Online Application and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application Format.
How to apply for Punjab Civil Service Exam 2020?
All the interested and eligible candidates can apply through online by using official website along with required documents on or before 30 December 2020.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Commencement of submission of online application: 12 December 2020
- Last date for submission of the application process: 30 December 2020
- Last date for submitting application fee: 06 January 2021
- Punjab Civil Service Exam Date – February 2021