Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
Orissa High Court Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Assistant Section Officer / Junior Stenographer. There are totally about 234 vacancies available for above mentioned posts. Candidates with the qualification of any degree are eligible to apply for the job. The interested and eligible candidates can apply through online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
Orissa High Court – Orissa High Court was formally inaugurated on July 26, 1948 authorized by the Constitution of India. Justice S.Muralidhar is the Chief Justice since 4 January 2021. At present Cuttack, Judgeship consists of its Revenue Districts only.
Orissa High Court Recruitment 2023 for Assistant Section Officer / Junior Stenographer:
|Job Role||Assistant Section Officer / Junior Stenographer|
|Total Vacancies||234 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 25,500 – 1,12,400/-|
|Last Date||20 March 2023|
Assistant Section Officer :
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University or such other qualification equivalent thereto.
- He/ She must have adequate knowledge in Computer Application.
Junior Stenographer :
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
- He/ She should have a minimum speed of 80 words per minute in shorthand and 40 words per minute in type writing along with adequate knowledge in Computer Application.
Age Limit ( As on 01 August 2023 ) : 21 – 32 years
Age Relaxation :
- The upper age is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to the categories of SC, ST, SEBC Women and by 10 years for PwDs whose permanent disability is not less than 40% and not more than 50%.
- Persons with disabilities belonging to SC/ST/SEBC categories are eligible to get cumulative age relaxation of 15 years i.e. 10 years under PwD category and 5 years under SC/ST/ SEBC category.
- Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen candidates shall be made in accordance with the provision made under relevant Acts, Rules, Orders or instructions issued in that behalf by the State Government.
- Assistant Section Officer : Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400/-
- Junior Stenographer : Rs.25,500 – 81,100/-
No.of.Vacancies : 234 Posts
Assistant Section Officer : 199 Posts
- UR : 67 Posts
- SEBC : 34 Posts
- ST : 77 Posts
- SC : 21 Posts
- PwD : 08 Posts
- Ex-Servicemen : 06 Posts
- Sports person : 02 Posts
Junior Stenographer : 35 Posts
- UR : 10 Posts
- SEBC : 05 Posts
- ST : 12 Posts
- SC : 06 Posts
Selection Process of Orissa High Court Recruitment 2023 :
The selection process includes Recruitment Examination / Viva Voce.
For Assistant Section Officer : The Recruitment Examination shall consists of Preliminary Examination/Test, Main Written Examination, Computer Application Test and Viva-Voce Test.
Preliminary Examination/Test :
- The Preliminary Examination/Test shall carry 150 marks in accordance with the Graduation Course on the subjects of General English, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- In such Preliminary Test there shall be 150 numbers of Objective Type of Questions with Multiple Choice Answers.
- There shall be Negative Marking of 0.5 (half) mark for each wrong answer.
- The Court shall call for the candidates for Main Written Examination.
Main Examination : Main Written Examination is concerned, English Paper shall be of qualifying nature.
Computer Application Test: 100 marks (1 hour duration)
- Provided further that, Computer Test shall be qualifying in nature, and the qualifying mark shall be 50% of the total marks in the said paper.
- Such mark obtained in Computer Test shall not be taken into account while drawing up the Final Merit List.
Viva-voce Test: 40 Marks
- The marks secured by the candidate(s) in the Viva-Voce Test shall be added to the marks obtained by him / her in the Main Written Examination so as to arrive at the total marks secured by him / her, and the names of the candidates shall be arranged in order of merit on the basis of such total marks.
- Provided that, the names of the candidates shall not be included in the Merit List, unless such candidates secure a minimum of 40% of marks in the Viva-Voce Test.
- The candidates arc required to produce self-attested copy of the Application form, self-attested copies of certificates uploaded during submission of the Online Applications along with their originals at the time of Viva-Voce Test.
For Junior Stenographer : The Recruitment Examination for the post of Junior Stenographer shall comprise of Qualifying Test in English Subject, Computer Application Test (Qualifying in nature) and Skill Test.
Qualifying Test in English Subject – 100 marks (1 1/2 hours duration)
- A general category candidate securing less than 35 per centum of marks and reserved categories under SC & ST candidates securing less than 30 per centum of marks in the above written test shall be disqualified for appearing the Computer Application Test.
- Those who qualify in English Subject Test shall be called to participate in the Computer Application Test.
Computer Application Test (Qualifying in nature) : A candidate securing less than 50% of marks in the Computer Application Test shall be disqualified and a candidate who does not qualify in the Computer Application Test, shall not be called to participate in the Skill Test.
Skill Test : On the basis of marks secured in the skilled test, a merit list of all candidates ( both general and reserved categories ) shall be prepared and thereafter separate merit lists for general and reserved categories shall be prepared according to the descending order of total marks for filling of the vacancy.
Examination Fees :
- A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs.500/-
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe and Persons with Disabilities are exempted from payment of examination fee.
How to apply for Orissa High Court Recruitment 2023 ?
The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job through online mode in their official website latest by 20 March 2023 till 11.59 pm.
For more details & Apply : Click here
Note : Notice regarding date and time of each stages of examination will be uploaded in the Website of the High Court of Orissa and will be published in the Newspapers.
Orissa High Court Recruitment 2023 FAQ’s:
Q1.What all are the vacancies available at Orissa High Court Recruitment?
Ans. At present Orissa High Court having vacancies for Assistant Section Officer / Junior Stenographer
Q2.Who can apply for Orissa High Court Vacancies?
Ans. Candidates who completed Bachelor's Degree are eligible to apply
Q3.How to apply for Orissa High Court Recruitment?
Ans. All eligible candidates send their application form through online