HPPSC Recruitment 2023-Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission has announced an online recruitment notification for the HP Administrative Services/HP Police Services. There are a total of 11 vacancies to be filled for these posts. The education qualification should be Bachelor’s Degree. The last date to apply for this post is on 14 June 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below.
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission:
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, known commonly as HPPSC, is a government agency and topmost constitutional body of the Government of Himachal Pradesh, constituted on 8 April 1971. The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission, an independent and impartial Constitutional Authority set up under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, has to discharge the duties and functions assigned to them under Article 320.
HPPSC Recruitment 2023 through HPAS Examination:
|Job Role||HP Administrative Services/ HP Police Services|
|Total Vacancies||11 Posts.|
|Salary||Rs.56,100 -1,77,500/ month|
|Job Location||Himachal Pradesh|
|Last Date||14 June 2023|
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
Age Limit(As on 01 January 2023):
- The age limit for the above-mentioned posts should be between 21 to 35 years.
- the upper age limit is relaxable by five years for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward Classes / Persons with disabilities and Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters of Himachal Pradesh, as declared by the Govt. from time to time.
- Age relaxation is also available to Ex-servicemen candidates of H.P.
Total Vacancies: 11 posts
- HP Administrative Services: 09 Posts.
- HP Police Services: 02 Posts.
- HP Administrative Services: Rs.56,100 -1,77,500/ month.
- HP Police Services: Rs.56,100 -1,77,500/ month
- The selection process will be based on the Preliminary Examination/ Main Examination/ Personality Test.
- Preliminary Examination:- This preliminary examination will consist of two objective type papers (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects of General Studies and Aptitude Test as per detail given below. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only: the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about 20 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination. Only those candidates who have been declared by the Commission to have qualified for the Preliminary Examination will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination corresponding to the said Preliminary Examination, provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
- Provided that the Aptitude Test (Paper-II) of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33% and, therefore, marks obtained in this paper shall not be counted for determining the merit of the candidates to be drawn exclusively on the basis of marks obtained in General Studies (Paper-I) of the Preliminary Examination for their admission to the Main Examination.
|Paper||Detail of questions and marks||Syllabus|
|Paper – I General Studies (Code No. 01)||This paper shall be of 200 marks, and there
shall be 100 objective types (multiple choice)
|· History, Geography, Political, Art & Culture and Socio-Economic Development of Himachal Pradesh.
· Current events of National and International importance.
· History of India and Indian National Movement.
· Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, and Economic Geography of India and the world.
· Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
· Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector
· General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
· General Science.
|Paper-II Aptitude Test (Code No.-02)||This paper shall be of 200 marks, and in this
paper, there shall be 100 objective types
(multiple choice) questions
· Interpersonal skills, including communication skills.
· Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
· Decision making and problem-solving
· General mental ability
· Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
· English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
(Main) Written Examination:-
- The main examination shall include compulsory subjects and one optional subject. Before this main examination, a preliminary objective-type examination based on multiple-choice questions is to be conducted. The candidate shall specify in his / her application form the optional subject he/she desires to take. He / She may intimate any change of his / her intention to the Secretary of the Commission not later than the last date prescribed for the payment of the examination fee. A candidate shall answer the Optional Paper in English or in Hindi as per his / her option.
- All Papers shall be of three hours duration.
- Marks and ranking will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in all other compulsory and optional papers (excluding marks of English and Hindi Papers Compulsory Papers).
- No candidate shall be considered qualified for the written examination unless he/she obtains atleast 40% marks in compulsory papers in Hindi and English and 45% in the aggregate (excluding compulsory papers in Hindi & English).
- He/ She will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
- The total number of candidates to be called for an interview/personality test on the basis of a written examination shall not exceed three (3) times the number of vacancies notified for recruitment through this examination. Provided that in case there is a tie between or amongst the candidates on account of having obtained equal minimum qualifying marks on the basis of written examination, all such candidates obtaining equal minimum marks shall be called for an interview/personality test.
- The marks obtained by the candidates in the main examination (written part as well as interview/personality test) shall determine their final ranking.
- For General Category/Others state: Rs.400/-
- For S.C. of H.P. /S.T. of H.P. /O.B.C. of H.P./ EWS (Covered under BPL)/(including S.C. /S.T. /O.B.C. Ex.-Servicemen of H.P: Rs.100/-
- For Female candidates/ Ex-Servicemen of H.P: No fee
Mode of Payment: By debit or credit card or internet banking through “e-Payment Gateway”,
How to Apply for HPPSC Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates should apply with the required documentation online by logging on to the official website on or before 14 June 2023(11.59 pm).
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
Important Date: Closing Date for Application/Fee: 14 June 2023.(11.59 pm)