TISS Recruitment 2023: Tata Institute of Social Sciences has announced a notification for the Vice-Chancellor post. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the TISS vacancy through postal on or before 08 January 2024. The detailed eligibility and selection process of TISS careers are explained below.
TISS: Tata Institute of Social Sciences is a multi-campus public research university in Mumbai, India. It is Asia’s oldest institute for professional social work education. It was founded in 1936 in the Bombay Presidency of British India as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work by the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. 1944, the institute was officially renamed the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. In 1964, the Government of India declared TISS a university under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act (UGC), 1956.
TISS Recruitment 2023 for Vice-Chancellor:
|Job Category||Govt Jobs|
|Qualification||As per norms|
|Total Vacancies||Not disclosed|
|Last Date||08 January 2024|
Detailed Eligibility – TISS careers:
- The candidate should be of Indian origin and possess the highest competence, integrity, morals, ethics and a strong commitment to the institution.
- The person to be appointed as a Vice-Chancellor should be a distinguished academician with a minimum of ten years of experience as a Professor in a University or ten years of experience in a reputed research and/or academic, administrative organisation with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership
Tenure: The appointment will be on a tenure basis for five years or upto to 70 years, whichever is earlier.
Age Limit(As on 08 January 2024): Not exceed 65 years
Salary: The Vice-Chancellor shall be a whole-time salaried officer of the Institute. The post carries a pay of Rs.2,10,000 (fixed) per month with special pay of Rs.11,250/- and other usual allowances.
Selection Process of TISS vacancy:
- The selection process will be based on Interaction/Presentation
- Appointments will be made from a panel of names recommended by the Search-cum-Selection Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interact with and make a presentation on their vision for the Institute to the Search cum Selection Committee.
How to Apply for TISS Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible must send the Application form (five copies) with the necessary testimonials to the mentioned postal address on or before 08 January 2024 (5 PM)
For more details & Application form: Click here.
Postal Address for TISS vacancy:
The Under Secretary (ICR),
Department of Higher Education,
Ministry of Education,