Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2022 – West Bengal Civil Service has announced an online job notification for recruitment to the post of Executive/Assistant Commissioner of Revenue/West Bengal Co-operative Service/West Bengal Police Service/Joint Block Development Officer/Others. Interested candidates who are all eligible for this recruitment can apply from 03 March 2022 to 24 March 2022. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below in detail.
About West Bengal Civil Service: West Bengal Civil Service, popularly known as W.B.C.S., is the civil service of the Indian state of West Bengal. For the WBCS and other comparative posts, Public Service Commission of West Bengal arranges competitive examinations every year in three phases every year. Post the publication of Preliminary results, Mains Exams are held in June–July in some selected institutions of Kolkata city and at the office of WBPSC. The candidates who passed in Mains are called for Personality test.
West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2022:
WBCS-West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2022 for Executive/Assistant Commissioner of Revenue/West Bengal Co-operative Service/West Bengal Police Service/Others:
|Job Role||Executive/Assistant Commissioner of Revenue/Co-operative Service/Police Service/Joint Block Development Officer/Others|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Salary||Pay Scale 10 to 16|
|Application Start Date||03 March 2022|
|Last Date||24 March 2022|
- A degree of a recognized University. Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali)
Age Limit :
- For General – 21 to 36 years
Upper age is relaxable by:
- 5 years for S.C. & S.T. candidates
- 3 years for B.C. (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive): PAY LEVEL:16 (56,100 – 1,44,300) as per rules.
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- West Bengal Co-operative Service: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- West Bengal Labour Service: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)]: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- West Bengal Police Service: PAY LEVEL: 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300 )
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home: PAY LEVEL: 15 (42,600 – 1,09,800 )
- Joint Block Development Officer: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs: PAY LEVEL: 14 (39,900 – 1,02,800 )
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation): PAY LEVEL: 12 (35,800 – 92,100)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services: PAY LEVEL: 12 (35,800 – 92,100 )
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies: PAY LEVEL: 10 (32,100 – 82,900 )
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department: PAY LEVEL: 10 (32,100 – 82,900)
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department: PAY LEVEL: 10 (32,100 – 82,900)
West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2022 Selection Process:
- The selection process will be based on the basis of Preliminary examination, Main exam and Personality Test.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University.
|English Composition||25 Marks|
|General Science||25 Marks|
|Current events of National & International Importance||25 Marks|
|History of India||25 Marks|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25 Marks|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25 Marks|
|Indian National Movement||25 Marks|
|General Mental Ability||25 Marks|
- The Main Examination shall consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers (Only for candidates applying for group A and / or B) to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
- Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets and remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
- For General – Rs.210/-
- No fees for SC/ST/PWD candidates
How to apply for West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2022?
All the interested and eligible candidates can apply through online by using official website on or before 24 March 2022.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Date of Commencement of Online Application – 03rd March 2022
- Last Date of Online Application Submission – 24th March 2022
- Last Date of Fee Payment (Online) – 24th March 2022
- Last Date of Fee Payment (Offline) – 25th March 2022
- Period of Editing Application – 01st to 07th April 2022
- WBCS Prelims Exam Date 2022 – To be notified
- WBCS Mains Exam Date 2022 – To be notified
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now