WB SET 2019 – West Bengal College Service Commission conducts State Eligibility Test (SET 2019) for the posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal only. Candidates with the qualification of Master’s Degree can apply for this eligibility test, there is no age limit for applying for this examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this examination (WB SET) online before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
WB SET – West Bengal College Service Commission was established in the year 1979 in West Bengal. The main function of WE SET is to recruit and recommend Principals, Assistant Professors, and Librarians to all government-aided colleges in west Bengal.
WB SET 2019 Examination:
|Job Role||Assistant Professor|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Last Date||30 September 2019|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% marks for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/ persons with disability (PWD) category) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test
WB SET 2019 Eligible subjects are:
English, Bengali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, Commerce, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political
Science, Education, Chemical Sciences, Geography, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences,
Physical Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, Library & Information Science, Physical Education
Electronic Science, Computer Science, Home Science, Santhali, Journalism & Mass Communication, Anthropology, Earth, Atmospheric, Oceanography & Planetary Sciences, Music, Law, Nepali.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit
WB SET 2019 – Selection Process:
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
Note: The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper||No. of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- Aggregate marks for General Category: 40%
- Aggregate marks for reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC (NCL) and PWD): 35%
- For General Category: Rs.1,000/-
- For Other Backward Classes (Noncreamy layer): Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: Rs.250/-
Payment Mode: By credit/ debit card/internet banking or through E-Challan.
Examination Centre: Kolkata, South 24 Parganas, North 24 Parganas, Howrah, Hooghly, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Birbhum, Bankura, Purulia, Jhargram, Purba Medinipore, Paschim Medinipore, Nadia, Murishidabad, Malda, Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar, Coochbehar & Darjeeling.
How to apply for WB SET 2019 Exam?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post online on or before 30 September 2019.
For more details & Apply: Click here
- Submission of Online Application Form: 02 September 2019 (12 Noon)
- Last date for Applying Online: 30 September 2019 (12 Midnight)
- Last date for Online Fee Payment: 30 September 2019
- Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan: 15 October 2019
- Admit Card for WB SET Exam: 2nd week of December 2019
- Date of Examination: 19 January 2019