IICB Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Scientists in various disciplines. There are 12 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with the qualification of Ph.D./M.D/M.V.Sc is eligible to apply for the job. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
About IICB: The Institute was established in 1935 as the first nonofficial center in India for biomedical research and was included within the aegis of CSIR in 1956. CSIR-IICB today is engaged in research on diseases of national importance and biological problems of global interest, employing sophisticated state-of-the-art technology in keeping with the rapid and unprecedented momentum that life science research has gained globally over the last 50 years. The scientific staff has expertise in a variety of areas including chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, neurobiology, and immunology which promotes productive interdisciplinary interaction.
IICB Recruitment 2023 for Scientists:
|Total Vacancies||12 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 1,21,640 – 2,13,051/-|
|Last Date||15 May 2023|
- A Ph.D. thesis submitted in any discipline of chemical or biological sciences.
- A Ph.D. thesis submitted in Science or any discipline of Chemical / Biological / Pharmaceutical Sciences. Or
- M.D in Pulmonary Medicine or Respiratory Medicine.
- A Ph.D. thesis submitted in any discipline of Chemical/ Biological /Pharmaceutical Science.
- M.D. (Pharmacology & Toxicology) Or M.V.Sc. (Pharmacology & Toxicology).
- A Ph.D. thesis submitted in any branch of Biological Sciences. Or M.D. (Microbiology) Or M.V.Sc (Microbiology).
- A Ph.D. thesis submitted in any branch of Biological Sciences Or M.D. (Microbiology) or M.V.Sc. (Microbiology).
- Ph.D. in Science or any branch of Life Sciences / Bioinformatics / Computational Biology with 02 years of post-doctoral experience in the area of Genetics and Genomics.
- Ph.D. in any branch of Science with 02 years of post-doctoral experience in electrophysiology. Or
- M.D. (Physiology) with 03 years of experience in electrophysiology. Or
- M.VSc. (Physiology) with 03 years of experience in electrophysiology.
- Ph.D. in any branch of Science with 2 years of post-doctoral experience in a Biophysics / Structural Biology laboratory.
- Ph.D. in any branch of Science with 02 years of post-doctoral experience in plant science.
- Ph.D. in any branch of Science with 2 years of post-doctoral experience involving cutting-edge biological imaging, analyses, and qualifications.
Principal Scientist: Ph.D. in any branch of Science with 03 years of post-doctoral experience in the molecular parasitology research field.
Age Limit ( As on 15 May 2023 ):
- Scientist: 32 years
- Senior Scientist: 37 years
- Principal Scientist: 45 years
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC.
- The upper age limit is also relaxable up to five years for the regular employees working in CSIR laboratories / Institutes, Government Departments, Autonomous Bodies, and Public Sector Undertakings as per GOI / CSIR guidelines.
- As per GOI provisions, age relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women, and Women judicially separated from Husbands who are not remarried, the upper age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years (up to 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes and up to 38 years for members belonging to the Other Backward Classes in respect of the posts reserved for them.
- Age relaxation to Persons with Disabilities (PWD): Age relaxation of 10 years (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates in respect of the posts reserved for them.
- Scientist: Rs 1,21,640/-
- Senior Scientist: Rs 1,39,956/-
- Principal Scientist: Rs 2,13,051/-
No.of.Vacancies: 12 Posts
- Scientist: 06 Posts ( Backlog – 01 )
- Senior Scientist: 05 Posts
- Principal Scientist: 01 Post
- The selection process includes Interviews.
- Mere fulfillment of educational qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for an interview.
- The duly constituted screening committee will adopt its own criteria for short-listing the candidates.
- In the event of the number of applications being large, CSIR-IICB may adopt short-listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by adopting any one or more of the following methods.
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- By holding a written test.
- Any other methodology as deemed fit by Screening Committee.
- In case a candidate is staying abroad, his/her candidature may be considered in absentia by the Selection Committee on his / her written request.
- The screening of the candidates will be done prima facie on the basis of documents and information furnished by the candidates.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 100/- online through the link available under the payment option in the online application.
- No other mode of payment for the application fee is permissible.
- SC / ST / PwBD / Women / CSIR Employees / abroad candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
How to apply for IICB Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website latest by 15 May 2023.
For more details & Apply: Click here
- Candidates should keep a copy of the application printout and payment details, if any, for their records.
- Print-out of the Application and payment details will not be available after the last date of submission of the online application.
- The number of vacancies indicated against each Vacancy Code is provisional and may vary at the time of selection.