Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
HQ Southern Command Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Civilian Switch Board Operator. There are 53 vacancies available for the post. Candidates with the qualification of 10th pass are eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply by postal. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
About HQ Southern Command: The Southern Command officially came into existence on 01 Apr 1895. However, the saga began on 31 December 1600 when Queen Elizabeth I granted a charter to “The Company of Merchants of London trading into the East Indies”. They obtained a “Farman” from Emperor Jahangir to establish a factory at Surat in 1613. This Company came to be known as the East India Company. Through trade, the fortunes of the Company grew and its ambitions increased. In 1661, the East India Company acquired the Island of Bombay for the princely annual rental of £10. This Island, ceded by Portugal to England as part of Catherine of Braganza’s dowry, became the headquarters of the Bombay Presidency.
HQ Southern Command Recruitment 2023 for Civilian Switch Board Operator:
|Job Role||Civilian Switch Board Operator|
|Total Vacancies||53 Posts|
|Last Date||08 May 2023|
Civilian Switch Board Operator ( CSBO ):
- Matric or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Proficiency in handling Private Branch Exchange (PBX) board.
- Experience Certificate to be provided.
- Desirable: Fluency in spoken English and Hindi.
Age Limit ( As on 08 May 2023): 18 – 25 years
- 03 years for the candidates belonging to OBC cat.
- 05 years for the candidates of the SC/ST category.
- 10 years for the candidates belonging to the Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category (Additional 05 years in case of PwD candidates belonging to SC, ST & 03 yrs for OBC).
- Ex-Servicemen who have rendered service in Army, Navy, and Air Force plus three years.
- 40 years of age (45 years for SC/ ST candidates) for Departmental candidates with 3 years of continuous service.
Salary: Rs 21,700/-
No.of.Vacancies: 53 Posts ( SC – 09, ST – 05, OBC – 11, UR – 28 )
- The selection process includes a Written Test/Skill Test.
- The selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit which will be decided as per marks obtained in the Written Test comprising of 100 Marks.
- Applicants shortlisted for written tests will also have to undergo a skill test that will be of qualifying in nature and carries no separate marks.
- Shortlisted candidates would be intimated the date, time, and venue for the conduct of the written examination, and skill test by the selection board.
- Only candidates who receive the call letter are required to appear for the examination along with the call letter received.
- The written test and skill test would be held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Candidates should come prepared to stay for two-three days for the completion of the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidates based on performance in written and skill examinations will further be directed to undergo medical tests as per extant Government orders.
- The written Test will comprise four parts as given below.
- Part-I – General Intelligence & Reasoning (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Part – II -General Awareness (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Part – III – General English (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Part – IV – Numerical Aptitude (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- However, the question of English Language subject will be in English only.
- No extra weightage will be given for additional/ extra/ higher qualifications for recruitment.
- Skill tests will be conducted to check candidates’ proficiency in handling exchange operations and this will be conducted for qualifying purpose only.
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit of the written test subject to the candidate qualifying in the skill test.
- If the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not convenient or possible to arrange the examination for all the candidates, the selection board reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to a reasonable limit on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the prescribed minimum essential qualification i.e Matric or equivalent.
How to apply for HQ Southern Command Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job by sending the prescribed application form to the mentioned address by post/ speed post/ registered post only in an envelope latest by 08 May 2023.
For more details & Application Form: Click here
- The application can be filled out by the candidates either in English or Hindi.
- The candidates must clearly super-scribe “Application for the post of CSBO Grade – II” on the top of the envelope in capital letters.
- The reserved category candidates should also write their category on the left-hand corner of the envelope.
- The appointment will be on probation for a period of two years followed by permanent absorption subject to found suitable during the probation period.
- Appointing authority reserves all the rights to change the number of vacancies.
- Self-attested Birth Certificate (Matriculation Certificate/ Mark Sheet can be produced in lieu).
- Educational Certificate (Matriculation Passing Certificate and Marksheet).
- Experience Certificate.
- Residential Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Certificate in the prescribed format in support of their claim of belonging to the reserved category.
- For the Ex-servicemen category copy of the discharge certificate.
- No Objection Certificate from present employer (if the applicant is already a Government servant).
- Two self-addressed envelopes (minimum 12 x 24 cms) duly affixed with a postage stamp of Rs 25/- on each envelope for intimation of the written test without which the application will not be accepted.
Southern Command Signal Regiment,
PIN – 411 001.