DSSC Recruitment 2023 – Defence Services Staff College invites the online application form from eligible candidates for the post of Group ‘C’ Civilian Posts of 44 vacancies. candidates who completed their 10th/12th are eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through postal on or before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
About DSSC: The College has a glorious past and traces its lineage to 1905 when it was setup at Devlali, Maharashtra. In 1907 it shifted to Quetta, now in Pakistan. The College shifted back to India in 1947 and is now home to the joint services course for the three services, under one roof. Besides great military leaders, many of those who have graduated from here have become heads of their states, Senior Cabinet Ministers, Chief of Staff, Senior Commanders, diplomats and civil administrators.
DSSC Recruitment 2023 for Group ‘C’ Civilian Posts:
|Job Role||Group ‘C’ Civilian Posts|
|Total Vacancies||44 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Application Last Date||23 September 2023|
Detailed Eligibility of DSSC Recruitment 2023:
- 12th Class pass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University; and
- Skill Test Norms: Dictation: 10 Minutes @ 80 words per minute Transcription: 50 minutes (English) or 65 minutes (Hindi) (On Computer)
Lower Division Clerk:
- 12th Class pass from a recognized Board or University; and
- Skill Test: A typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on computer (Time allowed – 10 minutes).
Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade):
- 12th Class pass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University;
- Must possess a civilian driving license for heavy vehicles.
- Two years experience from a recognized Organisation or Undertaking in driving heavy vehicles.
- 12th Class or equivalent from a recognized Board or University;
- Certificate in swimming from a recognized Organisation or Undertaking.
- Good sailing knowledge and two years experience of small boats.
- Proficient in handling out Board Motors. OR
- Ex-Sailors of the rank of leading Seaman and above of the Indian Navy
- Matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognized Board;
- Must possess the civilian driving licence for heavy vehicles.
- Certificate of minimum six months duration in use and maintenance of first aid, fire fighting appliances and trailer fire pumps from recognised Organisation or Undertaking.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and must have passed the test specified in Note below:-
- Desirable: One year experience in the trade.
- 12th Class or equivalent from a recognized Board or University; and
- Two years experience from a recognised Organisation or Undertaking in the trade. OR
- Industrial Training Institute Pass Certificate as Cook from a recognised Institute.
- Two years experience from a recognised Organisation or Undertaking in the trade
Technical Attendant – Printing Machine Operator:
- Industrial Training Institute Pass Certificate in Printing Machine Operator from a recognised institute. (OR)
- Matriculation pass or equivalent examination from a recognised Board / Institute.
- At least one year experience of working as Printing Machine Operator from a recognised Organisation
Multi-Tasking Staff – (Office and Training): Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognized Board/Institute
Age Limit(As on 23 September 2023):
- Stenographer Grade II: 18 – 27 Posts
- Lower Division Clerk: 18 – 27 Posts
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): 18 – 27 Posts
- Sukhani: 18 – 25 Posts
- Fireman: 18 – 27 Posts
- Cook: 18 – 25 Posts
- Technical Attendant – Printing Machine Operator: 18 – 25 Posts
- Multi-Tasking Staff – (Office and Training): 18 – 25 Posts
- Relaxable by three years for OBC and five years for SC and ST candidates, ten years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (15 years for SCs/STs and 13 years for OBCs) and Ex-Serviceman who have rendered not less than 06 months of continuous service in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the full period of such service from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed maximum age by more than three years, they shall be deemed to be within age limits.
- Departmental Employees:- 40 years for general categories and 45 years for SC/ST.
- OBC/SC/ST candidates applying against UNRESERVED POST are not entitled to any relaxation in age limit, experiences etc
- Stenographer Grade-II: 04 Posts
- Lower Division Clerk: 07 Posts
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): 05 Posts
- Sukhani: 01 Post
- Fireman: 16 Posts
- Cook: 03 Posts
- Technical Attendant – Printing Machine Operator: 01 Post
- Multi-Tasking Staff – (Office and Training): 07 Posts
- Stenographer Grade-II: Rs 25500-81100/-
- Lower Division Clerk: Rs 19900-63200/-
- Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): Rs 19900-63200/-
- Sukhani: Rs 19900-63200/-
- Fireman: Rs 19900-63200/-
- Cook: Rs 19900-63200/-
- Technical Attendant – Printing Machine Operator: Rs 18000-56900/-
- Multi-Tasking Staff – (Office and Training): Rs 18000-56900/-
- Eligible candidates will be issued call letters for written test.
- The eligible candidates will be required to appear for written test.
- The written test will be based on minimum educational qualification.
- The written test consists of
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
- General English
- General Awareness
- Trade Specific.
- The question cum answer paper will be English and Hindi.
- The requisite number of candidates will be shortlisted and called for skill/physical test wherever applicable based on merit/category in the written test.
How to apply for DSSC Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can download the application form and send the filled application form along with the required documents through postal on or before 23 September 2023.
For More Details & Application Form: Click here.
Defence Services Staff College,
Wellington (Nilgiris) – 643 231.
Note: Applicants to mention clearly on the envelope “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________”