WBPSC Recruitment 2023 – The West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has announced an online job notification for recruitment to the post of General Duty Medical Officer. There are 300 vacancies available for this post. The educational qualification of the candidates must be a Medical Graduate. Interested Candidates who are all eligible for this recruitment can apply before 12 October 2023. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online at the official website. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
About WBPSC – West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is under the government of West Bengal, its headquarters is located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. is the agency to conduct the civil service examination for West Bengal candidates for entry-level appointment to the various civil service post in the West Bengal state.
WBPSC Recruitment 2023 for General Duty Medical Officer:
|Job Role||General Duty Medical Officer|
|Total Vacancies||300 Posts|
|Last Date||12 October 2023|
General Duty Medical Officer:
- Medical Qualification included in the First and Second schedules or Part-II of the Third schedule to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956) and registration as a medical practitioner in West Bengal.
- Desirable: Six months of practical training as House Staff in any Government hospital or other recognized institution.
Age Limit(As on 01 January 2023): 36 – 40 Years.
Age Relaxation: The age relaxable for otherwise well-qualified and experienced candidates
Total Vacancies: 300 Posts
- UR – 102 Posts
- SC – 67 Posts
- ST – 19 Posts
- OBC – A – 43 Posts
- OBC – B – 29 Posts
- PwBD: 14 Posts
- Ex-Service Men: 26 Posts
- The selection process will be a Screening Test/Interview.
- Qualifying marks in the Interview.
- Unreserved: 40%
- EWS: 40%
- OBC: 38%
- SC: 35%
- ST: 30%
- PwBD: 30%
- Marks obtained in the Screening Test will only be considered for selection of candidates for interview for the purpose of restricting the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit.
- Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only
- S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with benchmark disabilities (PwBD) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
- Candidates may in addition have to bear the following charges:
- For online payment through debit/credit cards: Convenience fee @ 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 4.90/- only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
- For online payment using net banking facility: Convenience fee of Rs. 4.90/- only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
- For offline payment through Bank Counter: Service Charge of Rs. 17/- only.
How to apply for WBPSC Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply online using the WBPSC website on or before 20 September 2023. upto 3.00 pm
For More Details: Click here.
To Apply: Click here.
- Commencement of online applications: 21 September 2023
- Closing date for receipt of online application: 12 October 2023 (upto 3 p.m.)
- Last date of payment of fees through online: 12 October 2023 (upto 3 p.m.)
- Last date for payment of fees Offline: 13 October 2023
- Last date for Generation of Payment Challans: 12 October 2023