WB SET 2018 – West Bengal College Service Commission conducts State Eligibility Test (SET 2018) for the posts of Assistant Professor. The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
WB SET 2018 Examination:
|Job Role||Assistant Professor|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Last Date||21 September 2018|
Educational Qualification: Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% marks for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/ persons with disability (PWD) category) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test.
Note: Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
WB SET 2018 Eligible subjects are –
English, Bengali, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, Commerce, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political
Science, Education, Chemical Sciences, Geography, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences,
Physical Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, Library & Information Science, Physical Education
Electronic Science, Computer Science, Home Science, Santhali, Journalism & Mass Communication, Anthropology, Earth, Atmospheric, Oceanography & Planetary Sciences, Music, Law, Nepali.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for SET.
WB SET 2018 Selection Process:
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper||No. of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- 40% aggregate marks for General Category
- 35% aggregate marks for reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC (NCL) and PWD)
- General Category: Rs.1,000/-
- Other Backward Classes (Noncreamy layer): Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender: Rs.250/-
Mode of Payment: By credit/ debit card/internet banking or through E-Challan.
Over 400 active jobs every month for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now