Water Resources Department Assam Recruitment 2021 – Water Resources Department Assam has released the job notification for the post of Assistant Engineer/Junior Engineer for 100 vacancies. Candidates with the qualification of B.E/Diploma can apply for this post. The selection will be made by the written test/interview. Interested candidates can apply for this post through online on or before the last date. Here we discussed detailed eligibility and application process.
About Water Resources Department Assam : Flood control activities in Assam started after announcement of National Policy for Flood in 1954 by the Govt. of India. Though there was short term and long term measures in National Flood Policy of 1954, to get the immediate relief to the flood ravaged state, construction of embankments as short term measures had been widely adopted because this could be constructed quickly with local resources and abundant manpower to protect large area with comparatively smaller outlays. The Department performed works under the name Public Works Deptt. (PWD) till 1970 when the Deptt. along with Irrigation Deptt. bifurcated from the parent Deptt
Water Resources Department Assam Recruitment 2021 :
Water Resources Department Assam Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Engineer/Junior Engineer:
|Job Role||Assistant Engineer/Junior Engineer|
|Job Category||Govt Job|
|Salary||Rs. 14,000 – 1,10,000/- PM|
|Last Date||Will be updated soon|
- B.E or equivalent degree regular Full Time course in Civil Engineering obtained from any institute approved by the AICTE and recognized by the Government. Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one) Official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
- Candidate must pass 3 (three) years regular Full Time Diploma course in Civil Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE. Apart from English, the candidate should have adequate knowledge of at least 1(one) Official language of the State of Assam (i.e. Assamese/Bengali/Bodo) except candidates belonging to Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council.
- Assistant Engineer – 21 to 38 years
- Junior Engineer – 18 to 38 years
- Assistant Engineer – 63 Posts
- Junior Engineer – 37 Posts
- Assistant Engineer – Rs. 30,000 – 1,10,000/- PM
- Junior Engineer – Rs. 14,000 – 60,500/-
Water Resources Department Assam Recruitment 2021 Selection Process:
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit as per academic performance. Due to the current pandemic situation, a contact-less process of selection purely based on academic performance from HSLC to Degree for the post of Assistant Engineer (Civil) and HSLC to Diploma for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil) will be followed.
- Assistant Engineer: HSLC or equivalent: 10%, HSSLC or equivalent: 20%, Degree in Civil Engineering: 70%
In case of the candidates who have completed the degree in Civil Engineering through lateral entry after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering their 20% weightage shall be calculated on the basis of marks/percentage obtained in Diploma and not on the basis of marks obtained in HSSLC or equivalent, irrespective of whether they have passed HSSLC or equivalent examination or not.
- Junior Engineer: HSLC or equivalent: 20%, Diploma in Civil Engineering: 80%
How to apply for Water Resources Department Assam Recruitment 2021 ?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply through online by using official website on or before last date.
For More Details & Apply: Click here
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now