UPSC Forest Service Exam 2020 – UPSC invites online application for Indian Forest Service Examination 2020 for 90 (approximately) vacancies. Candidates with the qualification of B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BVMS within the age limit of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for this post. The selection process is based on the preliminary exam, main exam and personality test (interview). Interested and eligible candidates can apply online at (www.upsconline.nic.in) website on or before 03 March 2020. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
You can also apply for
UPSC Forest Service Exam 2020:
|Examination Name||Indian Forest Service Examination|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last date||03 March 2020|
|Exam Date||31 May 2020|
UPSC Forest Service Exam – Detailed Eligibility:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of recognized University.
Age limit (As on 01.08.2020): 21 to 32 years
Relaxations in upper Age Limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates (13 years for OBC, 15 years for SC/ST)
- Others as per Govt rules.
UPSC Forest Service Exam Selection process:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service Main Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only, the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Minimum qualifying marks: The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
- All the question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type.
- All question papers must be answered in English. Question papers will be set in English only.
- The duration of each of the papers referred to above will be three hours.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test.
- Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
UPSC Forest Service Exam- Scheme of Main Examination
- Paper-I: General English
- Paper-II: General Studies
- Paper-III/Paper-IV/Paper-V/Paper-VI: Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers.
Application Fee: Rs. 100/-
Note: No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates
Mode of Payment:
- Offline mode by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or
- Online mode by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to Apply for UPSC Forest Service Exam 2020?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position online at (www.upsconline.nic.in) website on or before 03 March 2020 till 18:00 hours.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply – UPSC FSE: Click here
- Starting date for submission of Online Application: 12.02.2020
- Closing date for submission of Online Application: 03.03.2020 till 18:00 hours
- The last date for payment of Application Fee (Pay by Cash): 02.03.2020
- The last date for payment of Application Fee(Online Payment): 3.03.2020 till 18:00 hours
- Available of e-Admit Card in UPSC Website: Three weeks before the commencement of the examination
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 31 May 2020
- Date of Main Examination: November 2020