UPSC Forest Service Exam 2018: UPSC invites online application for Indian Forest Service Examination – 110 Vacancies.The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
UPSC Forest Service Exam 2018:
|Examination Name||Indian Forest Service Examination|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last date||6 March 2018|
UPSC Forest Service Exam – Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualifications: The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities
Age limit(As on 01.08.2018): 21 to 32 years (Relaxation as per government policy)
UPSC Forest Service Exam Selection process:
The competitive examination comprises two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service Main Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Minimum qualifying marks: The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
- All the question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type.
- All question papers must be answered in English. Question papers will be set in English only.
- The duration of each of the papers referred to above will be three hours.
- Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test.
- Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
UPSC Forest Service Exam- Scheme of Main Examination
- Paper-I: General English
- Paper-II: General Studies
- Paper-III/Paper-IV/Paper-V/Paper-VI: Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers.
Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PH/Female candidates)
Mode of Payment: Application fee pay either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
Note: Candidates admitted to the Main Examination will be required to pay a further fee of Rs. 200/-
How to Apply for UPSC Forest Service Exam 2018?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 7 February to 6 March 2018.
For More details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Starting date for submission of Online Application: 07.02.2018
- Closing date for submission of Online Application: 06.03.2018
- The last date for payment of Application Fee(Pay by Cash): 05.03.2018
- The last date for payment of Application Fee(Online Payment): 06.03.2018
- Available of e-Admit Card in UPSC Website: Three weeks before the commencement of the examination
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 3rd June 2018
- Date of Main Examination: December 2018