UPSC CMS 2019 – Union Public Sevice Commission invites application for 965 vacancies for Combined Medical Services Examination. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
UPSC CMS 2019: Combined Medical Services Exam
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam|
|Job Role||Medical Officers|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||6 May 2019|
|Exam Date||21 July 2019|
UPSC CMS Exam – Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Note: A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply.
Age limit(As on 01.08.2019): Below 32 years
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- 10 years for PWD candidates
- Others as per government policy
UPSC CMS 2019 – Vacancies: 965 Posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300 Posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services – 46 Posts
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services – 250 Posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 7 Posts
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 362 posts
UPSC CMS 2019 Exam Selection Process:
- The selection process will be based on Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standards Tests and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Interview/ Personality Test.
- The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Scheme of Examination:
- The candidates will take the Computer based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
- Paper-I – General Medicine and Paediatrics
- Paper-II – Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Preventive & Social Medicine
- Both the Papers of the CMSE will be of MBBS standard.
|Subject||No. of Qns||Maximum Marks|
|Interview/ Personality Test||100|
Personality Test: The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
UPSC Exam Application Fees: Rs.200/- (No Fee for Female/SC/ST/PWD candidates)
Mode of Payment:
- Online Mode – Internet Banking Payment/Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
- Offline Mode – Pay by Cash
How to apply UPSC Recruitment 2019?
Interested and Eligible candidates apply for this position in online latest by 6 May 2019.
For More details: Click here
UPSC Online Application Form: Click here
UPSC CMS 2019 – Important Dates:
- Commencement of Online Application: 10th April 2019
- Last date of Online Application: 6th May 2019
- Payment of Application Fee through Online mode: 6th May 2019
- Payment of Application Fee through Pay by Cash: 5th May 2019
- Withdrawn of Online application form: 13th May to 20th May 2019
- Date of Combined Medical Services Examination: 21st July 2019