UGC NET 2020 Exam – University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) invites the online application form from the eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellowship, Assistant Professor. Candidates with the qualification of Master’s Degree are eligible to apply for this UGC NET 2020 June Examination. The selection process is based on the Computer Based Test (CBT) only. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this Exam online at the NTA website (www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in) on or before 31 May 2020 (Extended). The detailed eligibility, application process, exam pattern and fee details are given below.
Eligible candidates can also apply for:
UGC NET 2020 Exam Details:
|Exam Name||UGC NET June 2020 Exam|
|Job Role||Junior Research Fellowship
|Job Location||Across India|
|Application Starting Date||16 March 2020|
|Last Date||31 May 2020 (Extended)|
- Candidates should possess Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC with at least 55% aggregate marks for General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates and 50% aggregate marks for ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ Transgender
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET
Age Limit (as on 01.06.2020):
- JRF: Not more than 30 years
- Assistant Professor: no upper age limit
Relaxation in upper age limit:
- OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: 5 years
- Candidates with research experience limited to the period spent on research: Maximum 5 years
- Candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree: 3 years
- Candidates who have served in the armed forces: 5 years
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Assistant Professor
UGC NET 2020 Exam – Selection Process:
Mode of Examination:
- The Examination shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT) only.
- The Test will consist of two papers.
- Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple-choice questions.
- There will be no break between papers.
|Paper||MCQ||Marks||No of Ques||Duration|
|I||The questions in Paper I intends to assess the teaching/ research
the aptitude of the candidate. It will
primarily be designed to test
reasoning ability, reading
comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
|100||50||03 hours (180
|II||This is based on the subject
selected by the candidate and will
assess domain knowledge.
*All the questions are compulsory
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 2 marks.
- There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions Unanswered/ Marked for Review.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ ambiguous during the key challenge, only those candidates who
have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given the credit. Only for dropped question(s), if any, marks will be given to all the candidates.
- General/Unreserved: Rs. 1000/-
- Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL : Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender: Rs. 250/-
Note: Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
Mode of Payment: Debit Card/ Credit card, Net Banking/UPI/ PAYTM
How to Apply UGC NET 2020 Exam for JRF Asst/ Professor?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position online at the NTA website (www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in) from 16 March to 31 May 2020 (Extended).
Stages of Online Registration:
Stage 1: Registration
- Fill in the basic information and note down the system generated Application No.
Stage 2. Fill the Online Application Form
- The application particulars entered can be edited before final submission of the Application Form
Stage 3. Uploading of scanned images
- Candidate’s Photograph: to be uploaded
- Candidate’s Signature: to be uploaded
Stage 4. Payment of Fee
- General/Unreserved/Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender need to make the fee payment through Debit/Credit Card and Net Banking/Paytm
Note: Completion of these four steps will only be treated as submission of application.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates:
- Online Submission of Application Form 16 March – 31 May 2020 (up to 11:50 pm) (Extended)
- Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NetBanking/ Paytm: 16th May 2020 (up to 11:50 pm)
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only: Postponed (Previously 18 April to 24 April 2020)
- Downloading of Admit Cards: Postponed (Previously 15th May 2020)
- UGC NET June 2020 Exam Dates: Previously 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020
- The date for announcing results: 5th July 2020 (Tentative)
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now