Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
TNSET 2018 Exam – Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test(TNSET) notification for the post of Assistant Professor.The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
TNSET 2018 Exam:
|Job Role||Assistant Professor|
|Total vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job location||Tamil Nadu|
|Last date||9 February 2018|
|Exam date||4 March 2018|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for General/ OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer) Category and 50% for OBC(belonging to Non – Creamy Layer)/ Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD-VI/HI/PH), in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Sciences, Library & Information Science, are eligible to appear for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the Master Degree(final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET 2018 examination will have to qualify within two years from the date of TNSET 2018 Examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for TNSET 2018 examination in their relevant subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the Candidate did not find the subject of their Post Graduation in the list of TNSET 2018 subjects, the Candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
Age limit: No upper age limit for TNSET 2018.
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers( Part I,II & III) will consist of only objective type questions/ MCQs.
- All the questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus including all electives, without options).
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and
Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
Scheme of Examination:
|Part I||50||100||1¼ Hours|
|Part II||50||100||1¼ Hours|
|Part III||75||150||2 ½ Hours|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of
the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension,
divergent thinking and general awareness of the Candidate. 50 (fifty) Multiple Choice
Questions (MCQs), each Question will carry 2 Marks.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject
selected by the Candidate.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject
selected by the Candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- For General/OBC Creamy Layer: Rs. 1500/-
- For OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/ as per the list available on website: Rs. 1250/-
- For SC/ST/PwDVI, HI, PH: Rs. 500/-
Examination Centre: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Villupuram, Karaikudi, Vellore, Erode, Thanjavur.
- The candidates should report at the Examination Centre one hour before the commencement of examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before 10:45 a.m. in the 1st session, 12:30 p.m. in the 2nd session and 4:30 p.m. in the 3rd session. No time Interval between I Session and II Session.
How to apply for TNSET 2018 Exam for Assistant Professor?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online from 18 December 2017 to 9 February 2018.
For More details: Click here
To Apply: Click here (Online Application available from 18 Dec 2017)
- Submission of Online Application Form: 18.12.2017
- Last Date for Applying Online: 09.02.2018
- Date of Examination: 04.03.2018
Written Exam Time Schedule: (4.3.2018 – Sunday)
|Content||Paper – I||Paper – II||Paper – III|
|Entry into the Examination Hall||9.00 AM||10.45 AM||01.30 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklets||09.15 AM||11.05 AM||01.50 PM|
|Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/opened to take out the OMR Answer Sheet||09.25 AM||11.10 AM||01.55 PM|
|Time of Commencement of Test||9.30 AM||11.15 AM||02.00 PM|
|Time of concluding the Test||10.45 AM||12.30 PM||04.30 PM|
Note: Printout of Online Application (Confirmation Page) should be kept by the Candidate for further reference.
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now