TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020 – Tamil Nadu Government announced notifications for Combined Civil Services Examination-I (Group-I Services) for the post of Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes), Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Assistant Director of Rural Development, District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services) for 69 vacancies. Candidates with the qualification of any degree are eligible to apply for this job. The selection process is based on the written examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post online from 20 January to 19 February 2020. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below. For the upcoming Group Exams check TNPSC Annual Planner 2020
Update: K. Nanthakumar, I.A.S., Secretary. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission announced that at the present exam will be not conducted. He said that the TNPSC Group 1 Exam, Group 2 Exam, Group 2A Exam and Group 4 Exams are postponed until further notice due to Corona Pandemic. He said once the situation comes normally the exam will be conducted. He also said there will be 3 months gap between the notification announcement and the exam.
|Exam Name||CCS-I Exam (Group 1 Services)|
|Job Role||Deputy Collector, DSP, Officers & Others|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
|Application Starting Date||20 January 2020|
|Last Date||19 February 2020|
|Preliminary Exam Date|
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment – Detailed Eligibility:
- Applicants should possess a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Deputy Superintendent of Police:
|Men||165 cms||86 cms (5 cms Expansion)|
District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services):
|Men||165 cms||50 kgs||89 cms & 84 cms (normal)|
|Women||155 cms||50 kgs||NA|
Age limit (As on 01.07.2019): Minimum Age limit: 21 Years
Maximum Age limit:
For all the posts & Asst Commissioner (For applicants possessing any degree):
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all categories: Below 37 Years
- Others: Below 32 Years
For Asst Commissioner (For applicants possessing B.L. degree):
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all categories: Below 38 Years
- Others: Below 33 Years
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- 10 years for Differently Abled Persons
- Others as per govt rules.
Post Wise Vacancies: Total – 69 Posts
- Deputy Collector – 18 Posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – 19 Posts
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Taxes) – 10 Posts
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies – 14 Posts
- Assistant Director of Rural Development – 07 Posts
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Services) – 01 Posts
TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment – Selection Process:
- The selection will be made in three successive stages, viz (i) Preliminary Examination for
selection of applicants for admission to the Main Written Examination (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) an Oral Test in the form of an Interview.
- The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
Preliminary Examination: (Single Paper) (Objective Type)
|Subject Name||No. of Qns||Duration
|General Studies||175||3 Hrs
|Aptitude & Mental Ability
Test (SSLC Standard)
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs: 90
- For Others: 120
Scheme of Main Examination & Oral Test:
|Subject Name||Max Marks||Duration|
|Interview & Records||100|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs: 255
- For Others: 340
- Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
- Preliminary Examination Fee: Rs.100/-
- Main Examination Fee: Rs.200/-
Note: Examination fee concession (Both for preliminary & main written examination) for SC/ST/PWD candidates
How to Apply for TNPSC Group 1 Recruitment 2020?
All interested and eligible candidates apply for this position online from 20 January to 19 February 2020.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here (Link will be activated on 20 January 2020)
- Date of Notification: 20.01.2020
- Starting date for submission of online application: 20.01.2020
- Last date for submission of online application: 19.02.2020
- Last date for payment of Preliminary Examination Fee through Bank: 21.02.2020
Date of Preliminary Examination: 05.04.2020 FN 10.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M
- Date of Main Written Examination: Will be announced later at the time of declaring results of Preliminary Examination.
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now