TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam 2018 notification for 330 vacancies of Assistant Engineer.The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam 2018: Assistant Engineer
|Job Role||Assistant Engineer|
|Last date||26 March 2018|
|Exam date||20 May 2018|
TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam – Detailed Eligibility:
Assistant Engineer (Civil):
B.E degree in Civil Engineering or Civil and Structural Engineering. OR
A pass in Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations under Civil Engineering branch, subject to the following further conditions namely:-
- Should furnish evidence of having undergone practical training in surveying for a period of not less than one year. or
- Should have put in service for a period of not less than one year in Public Works Department as Overseer or Junior Engineer. or
- Should hold the Upper Subordinate or L.C.E Diploma of the College of Engineering, Guindy or L.C.E. Diploma awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering. OR
- A pass in Sections A and B of the Institution Examination with Electrical Engineering as a subject.
Assistant Engineer in Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department:
- A degree in Civil Engineering. OR
- A pass in Sections A and B of the Institution of Engineers (India) under Civil Engineering Branch, subject to the condition that he/she should furnish evidence of having undergone practical training in surveying for a period of not less than one year.
Note: Provided that other things being equal, preference shall be given to those who have undergone one year Apprenticeship Training under the Government of India Scheme or the State Government Apprenticeship Scheme.
Knowledge in Tamil: Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam Vacancy lists: 330 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Water Resources Department, PWD – 71 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Buildings, PWD – 23 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) in PWD – 42 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) in Highways Department – 165 Posts
- Assistant Engineer in Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department – 29 Posts
Age limit(as on 01.07.2018):
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all Castes: No Age limit
- ‘Others’ [i.e. applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]:
should not have completed 30 Years
TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam Selection Process:
- Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral
Test in the shape of an interview.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the Applicants at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments
- The questions in Paper-I for Electrical Engineering & Electronics and Communication Engineering will be set in English only. The questions in Paper-I for Civil Engineering will be set in both Tamil and English. The questions in Paper-II (General Studies) will be set both in Tamil and English.
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper-I (Subject Paper)||300||3 Hrs|
|Paper-II (General Studies)||200||2 Hrs|
|Interview & Records||70||–|
Paper-I: one of the following subjects in which the candidate has acquired his/her Degree qualification (Degree Standard – 200 Questions)
(i) Civil Engineering
(ii) Electrical Engineering
(iii) Electronics and Communication Engineering
Paper -II: General Studies
(Degree Standard-100 Questions)+General Studies(Degree Standard)-75 Questions and Aptitude and Mental Ability(SSLC Standard)-25 Questions
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- SCs, SC(A)s,STs, MBCs/ DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs: 171 Marks
- Others: 228 Marks
- One Time Registration Fee: Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee: Rs.200/-
Note: Applicants who have already registered in One Time Registration system within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
Examination Centre: Chennai, Madurai, Thanjavur, Coimbatore, Nagercoil, Tiruchirappalli, Chidambaram, Pudukkottai, Tirunelveli, Kancheepuram, Ramanathapuram, Udhagamandalam, Karaikudi, Salem, Vellore.
How to Apply for TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam 2018?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 26 March 2018.
For More details & Apply: Click here
To Apply(For One Time Registration): Click here
Important dates for TNPSC Combined Engineering Service Exam:
- Date of Notification: 28.02.2018
- Last date for submission of application: 26.03.2018
- Last date for payment of Fee through Bank(State Bank of India or Indian Bank): 28.03.2018
Date of Written Exam:
- Paper – I (Subject Paper): 20.05.2018 FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
- Paper – II (General Studies): 20.05.2018 AN 02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M