Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Assistant Jailor for both men & women. There are 59 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with the qualification of any degree are eligible to apply for the job. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2023:
|Job Role||Assistant Jailor|
|Total Posts||59 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 35,400 – 1,30,400/-|
|Job Location||Across Tamil Nadu|
|Last Date||11 May 2023|
Assistant Jailor: A degree from any of the Universities recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Age Limit ( As on 01 July 2023 ):
- Others: 18 – 32 years
- SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC, and BCM and Destitute Widows of all castes: Minimum 18 years ( No Maximum age limit )
- The Maximum age limit for Ex-Servicemen is 50 years.
- The above-mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-Servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
Salary: Rs 35,400 – 1,30,400/-
No.of.Vacancies: 59 Posts ( Men – 54, Women – 05 )
- Selection will be made in a single stage.
- The selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the applicants at the written examination, subject to the rule of reservation of appointments.
- The applicant who has not appeared for any of the Papers in the written examination will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
Scheme of Examination:
- Answer sheets of Paper-I and Part B of Paper II of the candidates will not be evaluated, if the candidate does not secure minimum qualifying marks in Part-A of Paper II.
- The questions in Paper I and Part–B of Paper II will be set both in Tamil and English.
- The candidate should appear for all the papers in the written examination for his/ her answers to be evaluated and in case the candidate absences himself/herself from any of the papers, the paper attended will not be evaluated.
- If the answers of a candidate for one paper are declared deemed not fit for valuation, the answers of the candidate for the remaining paper will not be evaluated.
|Paper-I: (Objective Type) – 200 Questions.
1. Constitution and Human Rights
2. Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
3. Socio-Economic issues in India / Tamil Nadu
4. Current issues at National Level
5. Current issues at State Level
|PAPER II: Objective Type – 20 Questions.
Part-A: 100 questions/150 marks Tamil Eligibility cum Scoring Test (SSLC standard)
|Part-B: General Studies – 100 questions/150 marks
General Studies (Degree Standard) – 75 questions and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) -25 questions
Application Fees :
- For One-Time Registration: Rs 150/-
- Examination Fees: Rs 100/-
- For SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, PwBD, Destitute Widow: Exemption from exam fees.
How to apply for TNPSC Assistant Jailor Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the exam online mode in their official website latest by 11 May 2023. After the last date for submission of the online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window period from 16 May 2023 to 18 May 2023. The uploaded documents can be edited/uploaded/re-uploaded up to 18 June 2023 till 11.59 P.M.
For more details: Click here
For OTR Registration: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- After submitting the application, applicants can save/print their application in PDF format.
- Applicants will be informed only through SMS and e-mail and they should watch the Commission’s website in this regard.
- All recruitments by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission are purely merit-based.
- Last date up to which the Online Application can be edited/ submitted/payment of fees can be made: 11 May 2023
- Online Application Correction Window period: From 16 May 2023 12.01 am to 18 May 2023 11.59 pm
- Last date up to which the applicants are permitted to upload/ re-upload the documents: 18 June 2023
- Publication of Examination Results: August 2023
- Certificate Verification/ Counselling: September 2023
- Date of Written Examination: 01 July 2023 ( Paper I: 9.30 am – 12.30 pm / Paper II: 2.00 – 5.00 pm )