TANCET Rank list 2019: TANCET Rank list will have three separate rank list for GATE Rank List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category rank list. Anna university will separately release for each course on its official website. The TANCET Result 2019 will be expected to declare in the month of June 2019. After that candidate who is qualified the TANCET is shortlisted for the Rank list.TANCET will have a list of candidates rank who have applied for the counseling.TANCET counseling will be taken for the candidates whose name appeared in the merit list/Rank list.TANCET counseling call letter and rank card will be available on the official website for the qualified candidates. The sponsored rank list is for employees and professional architect with 5 years of experience.
TANCET rank list is prepared in three streams of the list as GATE category rank list, TANCET category rank list and Sponsored Category rank list.GATE Rank list for the engineering and technology candidates on the basis of qualifying score with the aggregate marks in engineering/technology.TANCET category rank list is prepared for the candidates on the basis of TANCET examination. The rank list preparation for the counseling will be based on the pen paper process on the basis of TANCET results. Important dates of TANCET rank list:
- TANCET 2019 Exam date: May 2019
- TANCET 2019 Result date: June 2019
- TANCET 2019 Rank list date: June 2019
- TANCET 2019 Counselling date: July 2019
How to check the TANCET & GATE Rank list?
The rank list differs for GATE and Non-GATE candidates and it will be available in the official website of Anna University for the candidate’s access. For that candidates have to log in the official portal with their email id and password. Further steps to check the TANCET rank list:
Step 1: Visit the official website of anna university https://www.annauniv.edu/
Step 2: Find and click the Rank inquiry and download call letter link
Step 3: You have to choose either GATE Rank or Non-GATE rank.
Step 4: Enter registration number, date of birth and answer the question asked.
Step 5: Submit the details to view the rank list.
Step 6: Kindly take a copy for your reference.
TANCET 2019 Cutoff :
Anna University will release the category wise cutoff for TANCET and GATE candidates who are qualified. Candidates will get the cutoff before few days of the counseling. Candidates who are score equal to or greater than the cutoff will be called for counseling. Factors will be considered for cutoff calculation:-
- Availability of vacant seats.
- Numbers of the appeared candidate.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- overall passing percentage.
- Previous years cut off.
- Reserved categories.
TANCET Examination System:
- TANCET examination will be conducted in 23 disciplines or papers.
- All papers will have 100 multiple choice questions with a duration of 2 hours.
- The medium of examination will be in English.
- Each question will have 4 choices of answers.
- Each correct answer will have a +1 mark while each wrong answer will have -1/3 mark.
TANCET Counselling 2019:
- TANCET counseling is expected to held in the month of June 2019 in the Anna university official website on the behalf of Tamilnadu government.
- Anna University will conduct separate counseling for each course.
- Candidates will have to pay INR 5300 by cash or by DD in favor of The Secretary, Anna University.
- Candidates whose name appear in the merit list will be called for the counseling process.
- Document verification will be done for the candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling process.
Factors of TANCET Rank List:
Based on the TANCET marking system cutoff marks are calculated for each candidate. Candidates are shortlisted for a rank list on the basis of the cutoff score. Moreover, candidates can check the category wise cutoff marks on the TANCET official page. Candidates need to know the marking system for MBA/MCA courses to calculate the cutoff mark:-
For the TANCET MBA/MCA Rank List:
- TANCET question paper for MBA/MCA courses will have 100 multiple choice questions.
- For each correct response will have +1 mark while for each wrong response will reduce -1/3 mark.
For TANCET ME/M.Tech Rank list:
- TANCET Exam paper will have 3 sections of examination viz section 1 for 20 marks, section 2 for 35 marks and section 3 for 60 marks.
- All the correct answers will be awarded +1 mark while for an incorrect answer -1/3 marks would be deducted.
- ME/M. Tech rank list normalized score is calculated with marks obtained in section 1 Engineering mathematics, section 2 Basic Engineering and Sciences and section 3 other topics in the following ways:-
Raw Score:Section 1+ Section 2 + Section 3
Normalised Score : 40 + (10/S) (r-m)
where, S – standard deviation; m – mean marks; r – raw marks
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now