SSC Stenographer 2023– Staff Selection Commission announced notifications for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Examination 2023. There are a total of 1207 vacancies available for this post. Candidates with the qualification of 12th/ Any Degree can apply for SSC Steno post. The selection process is based on the examination, skill test and document verification for applied candidates. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post online before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process of SSC Stenographer Recruitment are given below.
|Job Role||Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’|
|Total Vacancies||1207 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 2,400 – 4,600/-(Grade Pay)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Application Start Date||02 August 2023|
|Last Date||23 August 2023|
SSC Stenographer 2023- Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualification (as on 23 August 2023): Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
Age limit (as on 01 August 2023):
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 18 to 30 years ( candidates born not before 02.08.1993 and not later than 01.08.2005 are eligible to apply)
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 18 to 27 years (Candidates born not before 02.08.1996 and not later than 01.08.2005 are eligible to apply)
- SC/ST Category – 5 years
- OBC Category – 3 years
- PH Category – 10 years
- PH + OBC Category – 13 years
- PH + SC/ST Category – 15 years
- Others as per Govt rules.
Salary: Rs. 2,400 – 4,600/-(Grade Pay)
No.of.vacancies: 1207 Posts
Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 93 Posts
|1||Central Administrative Tribunal[for Stenographers Only]||01|
|2||Central Board Of Indirect Taxes And Customs (Deptt. Of Revenue)||25|
|3||Central Vigilance Commission||02|
|4||Department Of Agriculture Cooperation And Farmers Welfare||01|
|5||Department Of WaterResources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation ( Ministry Of Jal Shakti ) [in Ganga Flood Control Commission-eng Steno Only]||05|
|6||Indian Meteorological Department ( O/o The Director General Of Meteorology )||02|
|7||M/o Labour & Employment||02|
|9||Ministry Of Defence (O/o The Js & Cao) AFHQ||11|
|10||Ministry Of External Affairs||30|
|11||M/o Culture (National Gallery Of Modern Arts)||02|
|12||Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India(TRAI)||11|
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: 1114 Posts
|1||Border Roads Organisation (Je) [for Male Candidates Only]||26|
|2||Bureau Of Police Research & Development||02|
|3||CBDT(Deptt. Of Revenue)||392|
|4||Central Administrative Tribunal[for Stenographers Only||04|
|5||Central Board Of Indirect Taxes And Customs (Deptt. Of Revenue)||06|
|6||Central Bureau Of Investigation||25|
|7||Central Vigilance Commission||01|
|8||DOP & T||427|
|9||D/o Consumer Affairs||01|
|10||D/o Food and Public Distribution||05|
|11||D/o Science & Technology||09|
|12||Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers||03|
|13||Department of Automic Energy||28|
|14||Directorate General Of Aeronautical Quality||04|
|16||IHQ MOD(Navy)/DTE Of Civilian Manpower Planning And Recruitment (Dcmpr)||48|
|17||M/o Communications (D/o Telecommunications) O/o CGCA||02|
|18||M/o Communications (Department Of Posts)- SPN||02|
|19||M/o Electronics And Information Technology||03|
|20||M/o Health And Family Welfare(DGHS)||16|
|21||M/o Housing And Urban Affairs||01|
|22||M/o Information & Broadcasting||03|
|23||M/o Labour & Employment||08|
|24||M/o Statistics & Prog Implementation (ADMN-III)||13|
|27||Ministry Of Communications (Department Of Posts)- (Admn.)||03|
|28||Ministry Of Defence (O/o The Js & Cao) AFHQ||11|
|29||Ministry Of External Affairs||16|
|30||Ministry Of Railway||06|
|31||Ministry Of Tourism||11|
|32||Narcotics Control Bureau||01|
|33||National Commission For Scheduled||02|
|34||National Informatics Centre||05|
|35||National Investigation Agency||04|
|36||Office Of Development Commissioner (MSNE)||16|
|37||Registrar General Of India||02|
The selection process will be based on a Computer-Based Mode Examination, Skill Test & Document Verification (DV).
- Computer-Based Mode Examination (200 Marks) – 2 Hours
- The question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
- There will be a negative marking equal to one-third of the marks allotted to the question for each wrong answer in Computer Based Examination
Scheme of Examination:
|Subject||No. of Qns & Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100|
(ii) Skill Test:
- The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography.
- The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m.) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration(in minutes)|
Note: Candidates who opt to take the Stenography Test in Hindi will be required to learn English Stenography and vice versa after their appointment, failing which their probation may not be cleared by appointing departments.
- Rs. 100/-
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) and Ex-servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
Mode of payment: Fee can be paid only through online payment modes, namely BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, or RuPay Credit or Debit card.
How to apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for these positions online on or before 23 August 2023.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Dates for submission of online applications: 02.08.2023 to 23.08.2023
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications: 23.08.2023 (2300 hours)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment: 23.08.2023 (2300 hours)
- Date of Window forApplication Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges: 24.08.2023 to 25.08.2023 (2300 hours)
- Schedule of Computer Based Examination: October 2023