SSC Constable Recruitment 2018 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts examination for 54,953 posts of Constable (General Duty) in various Forces. The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
SSC Constable Recruitment 2018:
|Job Role||Constable (GD)|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||24 August 2018|
SSC Constable Recruitment – Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualification: Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University.
- Height (Male) – 170 Cms
- Height (Female) – 157 Cms
- Chest (Male) – 80 Cms with 5 Cms expansion
- Chest (Female) – N/A
- Weight: For male and female candidates: Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
- Physical Standards Relaxed as per government policy.
Age limit (As on 01.08.2018): 18 to 23 years. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1995 and later than 01.08.2000
Relaxations in upper age limit
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- Others as per government policy
SSC Forces wise vacancies: 54,953 Posts
- Border Security Force (BSF) – 16,984 Posts
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) – 200 Posts
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) – 21,566 Posts
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) – 4,126 Posts
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) – 8,546 Posts
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) – 8 Posts
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF) – 447 Posts
- Assam Rifleman (General Duty) – 3,076 Posts
SSC Constable Recruitment – Selection Process:
The recruitment process will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Medical Examination.
Scheme of Online Examination:
- All questions will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- The Computer based examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100
questions carrying 100 marks for 90 minutes duration.
- The computer based examination will be conducted in English and Hindi only.
|Subject||Number of Questions & Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||25|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- General and Ex-servicemen – 35%
- SC/ST/OBC candidates – 33%
Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (No fee for Women/SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen candidates).
Mode of Payment: Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard or Maestro Credit or Debit card.
How to apply for SSC Constable Recruitment?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 20 August 2018.
For More details: Click here
To Apply: Click here(Application starts from 24 July 2018-Due to technical problem)
- Online Registration Opening Date: 24.07.2018
- Online Registration Closing Date: 24.08.2018
- Last date Payment through Online mode: 24.08.2018
- Last date Payment through challan of SBI: 24.08.2018
- Computer Based Examination date: To be notified later