South Western Railway Recruitment 2018 announced notification for Group C posts against Scouts & Guides Quota.The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
South Western Railway Recruitment 2018:
|Job Role||Group C posts|
|Qualification||12th/ITI/Diploma/ Any degree|
|Job location||Across India|
|Last date||3 March 2018|
South Western Railway Recruitment Detailed Eligibility:
Group ‘C’ (Level-2):
- Passed 12th (+2 stage) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. 50% marks is not insisted upon in the case of SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/ Persons With Disabilities (PWD) candidates. 50% marks is also not insisted upon in the case of candidates who possess qualifications higher than the essential minimum prescribed qualification.OR
- Matriculation Plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship/ITI approved by NCVT/SCVT. or
- Diploma in Mechanical Electronics/Automobile Engg. in lieu of ITI appearing and/or awaiting results of the fin examinations as on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
Group ‘C’ (Level-1):
Candidates should possess the qualification of 10 Pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT or 10th Pass Plus appearing and/or awaiting results of the fin examinations as on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
Note: Educational Qualification must be from Recognized Institutions.
South Western Railway Recruitment – Scouts & Guides Qualification:
- A President Scout/Guide/Rover/Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge (HWB) holder in any section;
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts organization for the last 5 years.The ‘Certificate of Activeness’ should be as per Annexure-I; and
- Should have attended two events at National level OR All Indian Railways’ level AND two events at State level
Age limit(As on 01-01-2018):
- Group ‘C’ (Level-2): 18 to 28 years ( i.e. must have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1990 and not later than 01st January 2000.)
- Group ‘C’ (Level-1): 18 to 31 years (i.e. must have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1987 and not later than 01st January 2000.)
Upper Age limit is relaxable by
- 5 years for Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- 3 years for Other Backward Classes.
- up to 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
- Others as per government policy.
Post wise vacancies: 11 Posts
- Group ‘C’ (Level-2) – 3 Posts
- Group ‘C’ (Level-1) – 8 Posts
South Western Railway Recruitment Selection process:
The selection process is based on following criteria;
- Written Test – 50 Marks
- Scouting- Skill Assessment – 10 Marks
- Marks on certificates – 40 Marks
Written Test: The written test will consist of 40 objective type questions (40 marks) & 1 essay type question (10 marks) relating to Scouts and Guides Organization and its activities and General knowledge.
Scouting- Skill Assessment: A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the candidates.
Marks on certificates(40 Marks)
- Participation/ Service rendered in National Events/ National Jamboree (including All Indian Railway Events): 10 Marks
- Participation/ Service rendered in State Events/Rallies: 10 marks
- Specialized Scout/Guides course organized at National/ State/ All Indian Railways level: 10 marks
- Participation in District Rallies: 10 marks
- For SC/ST/PWD, Ex-Servicemen, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes: Rs. 250/-
- For Others: Rs.500/-
Mode of Payment: Drawn in favour of Asst. Personnel Officer/Traffic, South Western Railway, Hubballi, payable at Hubballi.
Examination Centre: Hubballi.
How to apply for South Western Railway Recruitment 2018?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 3 March 2018.
For More details & Apply: Click here
- Opening date of Online application: 17-02-2018
- Closing date of Online application: 03-03-2018
- The tentative date of Written test: 23-03-2018 (FN) for Level-2
- The tentative date of Written test: 23-03-2018 (AN) for Level-1