The Shipping Corporation of India invites applications for DNS course leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science) for August 2018 Batch.The detailed eligibility and application process for SCI Recruitment 2018 are given in below.
SCI Recruitment 2018 Details:
|Job Role||Trainee Nautical Officers Cadet (TNOC)|
|Total Vacancies||Not disclosed|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||1 June 2018|
SCI Recruitment Detailed Eligibility:
- Pass in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks.Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination and waiting for results are also eligible to apply & qualify for examination subject to their securing 60% marks in PCM prior commencement to course). OR
- Pass in B.Sc (PCM)/B.sc (Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years) with marks not less than 60%. from a recognized University. OR
- B.E. / B. Tech. degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with marks not less than 50%
- Minimum 50% marks in English in any of the above examinations. For SC/ST candidates there will be 5% relaxation in eligibility marks. However it will not apply to English marks.
- Height: Minimum 157 cms
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
Age limit(As on 15.07.2018): Below 25 Years. SC/ST candidates will be granted age relaxation of 5 years.
DNS Course: 12 months Pre-Sea Training course followed by 18 months of Structured Shipboard Training as TNO (Deck Cadet) under Indian Maritime University (IMU) – Directorate General of Shipping (D G Shipping) project, leading to Degree in B.Sc. (Nautical Science) to be conducted at Maritime Training Institute at Powai (Mumbai), owned by The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. Commencement: 01.08.2018.
SCI Recruitment Selection Process:
The selected candidates who qualify in IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test will be admitted for training at our Maritime Training Institute (MTI) at Powai. Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University, Chennai, Government of India) all over India.
How to apply SCI Recruitment 2018 for TNOC?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online and send a scanned copy of application form along with required documents to following email id – email@example.com on or before 1 June 2018.
For More details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Date of commencement of Online application on the website: 6 April 2018
- Last date of submission of the online application: 1 June 2018
- Commencement of DNS Course: 01 August 2018