SCI Recruitment 2023: The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd (SCI) has invited online applications for the Master Mariner/Chief Engineer in the rank of Senior Manager (E5) for 43 vacancies on a contract basis. Candidates with the qualification of Masters FG COC/MEO are eligible to apply for this job. The selection process is based on an interview. Interested and eligible candidates can apply on or before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process for the SCI career are given below. Interested and Eligible candidates can also apply for Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment ICT Mumbai Recruitment.
SCI Recruitment 2023 Details for Master Mariner/Chief Engineer:
|Job Profile||Master Mariner/Chief Engineer|
|Job Type||Govt Jobs|
|Qualification||Masters FG COC/MEO|
|Total Vacancies||43 Posts|
|Salary||Rs.80,000/- to Rs. 2,20,000/-|
|Job Location||Mumbai/Across India|
Detailed Eligibility – SCI vacancy:
Master Mariner/Chief Engineer:
- Essential Qualification: Candidates should have completed at least 03 years of sea time after obtaining Masters FG COC/MEO Class I COC, out of which at least 02 years of sea time must be in the substantive rank of Master or Chief Engineer. Certificate of Competency must be issued by the Govt. of India
- Desirable qualification: The candidate should have a valid Certificate of Competency (COC).
Duration: There will be a probation period of one year for external candidates, which may be extended as per the rules of the Corporation.
Age Limit(As 0n 1 November 2023): 45 years
- 03 years: OBC-NCL
- 05 years: SC/ST
- 10 years: PwBD candidates
Total Vacancy of SCI Recruitment : 43 Posts
- Master Mariner: 17 Posts
- Chief Engineer: 26 Posts
Salary: Rs.80,000/- to Rs. 2,20,000/-
Posting: The selected candidates will be posted in Mumbai or any Regional office. They can be posted or transferred anywhere in India or abroad, depending on the requirements of the Organisation.
Selection Process of SCI career:
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the Eligibility criteria for Educational Qualification, Age and Experience, based on the data provided in the application form and after preliminary scrutiny of documents submitted along with the application. However, a detailed verification of original documents will be done for the shortlisted candidates before being allowed to participate in the Personal Interview.
- In case of a large number of applications, the Company reserves the right to shortlist the number of candidates for Interview out of eligible candidates based on higher experience, i.e. number of years of sea time in the rank of Master or Chief Engineer. The candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:10.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail, and the names will also be placed on the SCI’s website.
- The mode of Selection will be Interview Only. The Interview will be conducted physically or via Video Conferencing as per the requirement of SCI. The candidate’s Experience/Service and Extra Qualifications will also be given weightage.
- The Selection criteria will be as follows:
- Interview: 25 Marks
- Experience/Service: 10 Marks
- Extra Qualifications: 05 Marks
- Total: 40 Marks
- Interview (25 marks): The category-wise minimum level of suitability in an interview for final selection would be
- 50% marks to be obtained in interviews by Unreserved (GEN) and EWS candidates
- 45% marks to be obtained in Interviews for OBC-NCL candidates
- 40% marks to be obtained in interviews for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- Experience/Service (10 Marks): For calculation of marks for Experience/Service, 1.5 Marks will be given for every completed year of sailing in the rank of Master/Chief Engineer with a maximum marks of 10.
- Extra Qualifications (05 Marks):
- Extra Masters, Extra First Class: 5 Marks
- Maritime Law, FICS, MICS, MBA or Equivalent: 4 Marks
- NMIS PG Diploma, FNMIS, LLM or Equivalent: 3 Marks
- Recognized courses related to Shipping of not less than 06 months, LLB, Post Graduate Degree in any other Discipline: 2 Marks
- The final selection of the candidates will be based on marks scored by the candidates in the Interview, Experience and Extra Qualifications taken together.
Application Fees of SCI vacancy:
- General/OBC/EWS: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PWD/ExSM: Rs.100/-
How to Apply for SCI Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates to apply for SCI career can fill out the application form, attach self-attested hard copies of the required documents and forward the application to the following address on or before
27 November 2023 11 December 2023
For More Details & Application Form: Click here
Corrigendum: Click here
DGM (Shore Personnel-II)
The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd,
Madame Cama Road,
Pin Code: 400021
Note: The application envelope should be superscribed with “Application for the Post of Senior Manager-E5”.
- Date of release of Advertisement and start of Applications: 06 November 2023
- The last date of receipt of filled application forms and payment of fees is
27 November 202311 December 2023
- Display of names of Shortlisted Candidates on the website and an intimation email on 11 December 2023
- Conduct of Interview/ Document verification (Tentative dates)- additional dates will be declared if the need arises in 3rd Week of December 2023
- Result Declaration 4th Week of December 2023.