SBI PO Syllabus 2019 & Examination pattern: State bank of India releases the notification for Probationary Officier post for the session of 2019. SBI PO Recruitment 2019 will be based on the candidate’s performance in the various stages of selection. The Important thing is that candidates have to clear the initial round to qualify for the next round. The selection is made in the following screening stages:-
Stage 1: Preliminary examination
Stage 2: Mains examination
Stage 3: Group Discussion and Final Interview
Before going to start the preparation, candidates need to know the syllabus and topics covered in each stage of selection. Here we will provide the examination pattern and syllabus details for SBI PO Syllabus 2019 based on the official notification.
Prelims Exams Pattern:
The preliminary examination will be conducted for 100 marks with a duration of 60 minutes. The prelims score will not be added to the cutoff marks (ie)there is no sectional cutoff. This section will have negative marks as a reduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus :
The SBI PO syllabus consists of 3 major topics as Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Knowledge. All of these sections are explained detailed with the number of marks and number of questions.
This section will have a total of 45 questions in objective type and finally calculated the score out of 35 marks. Topics covered in this section are listed below:-
- Puzzles and Seating arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood relation
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
For Quantitative Aptitude:
Quantitative Aptitude will have 35 objective type questions with a total score of 35 marks. Such topics will be asked in this section are:-
- Number series
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous (Simple Interest,Compound Interest,Speed & Time,profit and loss,time and work,average,Age,ratio,and partnership)
For the English Language:
The English language is to check the vocabulary knowledge of candidates with the 30 questions and all are in objective type. This section will cover the following topics:-
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Error detection
- Jumbled paragraph
SBI PO Mains Syllabus & Exam pattern :
Candidates who are appeared and cleared the prelims examination will be eligible for mains examination. The main examination will be conducted in two sessions namely:-
- The objective test for 200 marks
- Descriptive test for 50 marks.
SBI PO Main Objective Test:
Main objective test will have the time duration for the 200 objective type questions. For each wrong answer, 1/4 of the mark will be reduced.
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Syllabus 2019 – Mains objective Test:
SBI PO main Objective examination will have 155 questions with the total mark of 200 and the time duration is 3 hours. Syllabus covered in this examination is listed:-
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude:
Reasoning and computer aptitude will have 45 questions with a total of 60 marks with a duration of 60 minutes. The reasoning level will be difficult to test the reasoning ability of the candidates. Topics will be covered in this section are listed:-
- Seating arrangements and puzzles
- Alphabet puzzle
- New pattern symbol based Questions
- Logical reasoning
- Data sufficiency
Data analysis and Interpretation:
Data analysis and Interpretation section will comprehend 35 questions for 60 marks with a duration of 45 minutes. Topics to be covered in this section is given below:-
- Data Interpretation – Bar Graph, Line Chart, Table form, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart
- Average, Ratio and Proportion
- Mixture and Allegation
- Profit and Loss
- Permutation and Combination
- Data Sufficiency
English Language Syllabus:
This section will cover 35 difficult questions with a total of 40 marks and time duration of 40 minutes. Such topics will be covered in this section:
- Reading Comprehension – including Synonyms, Antonyms
- Cloze Test
- Error detection
- Sentence Correction
- Double Fillers
This section will cover 40 questions out of 40 marks with the time duration of 35 minutes. Such topics to be covered are:
- Banking Awareness
- Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Static Awareness
- Current Affairs
SBI PO Descriptive Test:
The Descriptive examination will be a total of 50 marks with a duration of 30 minutes. In that examination, the writing skills of the candidates will be tested with letter writing and essay writing. Candidates have to write the letter writing or essay in 150 words.
Group discussion and Final Interview:
- Candidates are shortlisted at the end of both descriptive and objective test in the order of descending in each category.
- Based on the list the bank will call the candidates for the group discussion and final interview.
- SBI declared that group discussion will have 20 marks and interview will have 30 marks.
- The qualifying mark for both rounds will be decided by the SBI officials.
SBI PO Syllabus 2019 – Cutoff calculation:
- The preliminary examination is the qualifying stage for the mains examination. Prelims score will not be calculated for cutoff.
- The score obtained in the mains examination out of 250 marks is converted into 75 marks and the score obtained in the group discussion and final interview will be converted into 25 marks.
- At finally total score is calculated as mains + GD/PI for the total mark of 100.
Aspects of SBI PO Exam 2019:
- Bilingual Test: Bilingual test means that every section will be in English and Hindi.For the comfortable for the candidates who take the test in Hindi.
- Negative Mark: Negative mark will be applicable for prelims and mains examination. In that, every wrong answer will be responsible for the deduction of 0.25 marks for each answer.
- No Answer: There is no deduction for the question which is not answered. So candidates can leave no answer to the question which is difficult.