Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2022 – Applications are invited from eligible male Indian Citizens who are natives/residents of the Union Territory of Puducherry for the Direct Recruitment to the post of Station Officer/Fireman/Fireman Driver in the Fire Service Department, Puducherry. There are 75 vacancies to be filled for this post. Degree/SSLC/HSC candidates can apply online on or before 06 December 2022. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below.
Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2022 for Station Officer/Fireman/Fireman Driver:
|Job Role||Station Officer/Fireman/Fireman Driver|
|Last Date||06 December 2022|
- A degree from a recognized University (preferably in Chemistry).
- A pass in Standard 10+2 or its equivalent.
Fireman Driver Grade – III:
- Should have passed S.S.L.C. (X Std.) or its equivalent.
- Should possess a valid Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving Licence.
Note: Those who are natives of Union Territory of Puducherry or residents by continuous residence in the U.T. of Puducherry for the last 5 years immediately preceding the date of notification only are eligible to apply for the post.
Age limit(as on 06.12.2022):
- Station Officer – 20 to 27 years
- Fireman – 18 to 24 years
- Fireman Driver – 20 to 32 years
Upper Age Limit Relaxation:
- MBC/OBC/EBC/BCM – 3 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen – Period of military service plus 3 years
- In-service applicant – Relaxable for Government servants upto 40 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, provided such Government servants are working for not less than three years in the posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship can be established that the services rendered by them in the Department will be useful for efficient discharge of duties in the post for which selection is made.
Total Vacancies: 75 Posts
- Station Officer – 05 Posts
- Fireman – 58 Posts
- Fireman Driver – 12 Posts
Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment Selection Process:
- The selection for the posts shall be made on the basis of Physical Measurements/Physical Efficiency Test/Competency Test/Written Test.
- Candidates who pass the Written Test shall undergo medical examination.
- A list of candidates will be provisionally shortlisted from the merit list based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Written Test.
- In the Written Test Negative mark of 0.25 will be awarded for every wrong answer and multiple answers will be treated as a wrong answer.
- The question paper for the Written Test will be bilingual (except General English) i.e., in English and in any one of the regional languages, namely Tamil or Telugu or Malayalam.
- The candidates who have been selected for the posts will remain on probation for a period of two years.
For candidates applying under MSP quota:
- The selection of candidates for the vacancies reserved under Meritorious Sports Person quota will be made on the basis of their achievements in the sports as per the instructions in Part-II of General Instructions to the candidates.
- There will not be any Written Test for the selection of candidates under MSP quota but they should possess
the prescribed Physical Standards and qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test.
Minimum qualifying marks prescribed for the Written Test:
Minimum qualifying marks to be secured by the various categories of candidates are as follows:-
- UR – 30%
- MBC/EWS – 25%
- XSM – 20%
Date and Venue of Examination:
- The Physical Standards Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Written Test will be held in Puducherry only.
- The exact date, time, and venue of the examination will be intimated in due course in the recruitment website and also in leading newspapers.
How to Apply for Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2022?
Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above may apply online only through the official website from 07-11-2022 (10:00 a.m.) to 06-12-2022 (05:45 p.m.).
Procedure For In-service Applicants:
- Applicants who are working in this Department and applying as In-service applicant with age concession also satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions, should submit a copy of the online generated application through proper channel, within the due date and time to “The Under Secretary to Government (Home)-cum-Head of Office (Fire Service), Fire Service Department,
Procedure For Meritorious Sports Persons (Msp) Applicants:
- The candidates applying against MSP quota have to send a copy of their online generated application along with self-attested photocopies of the relevant sports certificates issued by the competent authorities, superscribing on the cover as “APPLICATION FOR DIRECT RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF FIREMAN
DRIVER GRADE-III UNDER M.S.P. CATEGORY” to “The Under Secretary to Govt. (Home)-cum-Head of Office (Fire Service), Fire Service Department, Housing Board Circular Shopping Complex, Lawspet, Puducherry- 605008” within the due date and time.
For more Details: Click Here
To Apply: Click Here
Over 400 active software jobs every month Only for B.E/B.Tech Graduates:- Register Now