Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2023 – Applications are invited from eligible male Indian Citizens who are natives/residents of the Union Territory of Puducherry for Direct Recruitment to the post of Fireman/Station Officer in the Fire Service Department, Puducherry. There are 63 vacancies to be filled for this post. Degree/SSLC/HSC candidates can apply online on or before 31 August 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below.
Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2023 for Fireman/Station Officer
|Job Role||Fireman/Station Officer|
|Total Vacancies||63 Posts|
|Salary||Pay Level- 02 – 05|
|Last Date||31 August 2023|
Fireman: A pass in Standard 10+2 or its equivalent.
Station Officer: A Degree from a recognized University /Institution.
Age limit(As on 31 August 2023):
- Fireman – 18 to 24 years
- Station Officer – 20 to 27 years
- MBC/OBC/EBC/BCM – 3 years
- SC/ST – 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen – Period of military service plus 3 years
- Widows / Divorced Women / Women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried- Up to the age of 35 years (up to 40 years for SC & ST)
- Meritorious Sports Persons (For method of selection refer Part-II of General Instruction to candidates) – 5 years (over and above the admissible relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST#). Applicable only for candidates applying under MSP quota and there is no Written Test for them.
- Fireman: Pay Level-02
- Station Officer: Pay Level-05
Total Vacancies: 63 Posts
- Fireman – 58 Posts
- Male: 39 Pots
- Female: 19 Posts
- Station Officer – 05 Posts
- Male: 03 Pots
- Female: 02 Posts
- The selection for the posts shall be made on the basis of Physical Measurements/Physical Efficiency Tests/Competency Tests/Written Test.
- Candidates who pass the Written Test shall undergo a medical examination.
- A list of candidates will be provisionally shortlisted from the merit list based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Written Test.
- The applicants will be notified in the official website with a call letter to appear for the following test.
- The date and venue of the test will be indicated therein.
- The written test is for 100 marks for 100 questions for 2 hours
- Mathematics and General Science – 50 marks
- General Knowledge (History, Geography and Social Science) and Current events – 50 marks
- In the Written Test Negative mark of 0.25 will be awarded for every wrong answer and multiple answers will be treated as a wrong answer.
- The question paper for the Written Test will be bilingual (except General English) i.e., in English and in any one of the regional languages, namely Tamil or Telugu or Malayalam.
- The candidates who have been selected for the posts will remain on probation for a period of two years.
For candidates applying under MSP quota:
- The selection of candidates for the vacancies reserved under Meritorious Sports Person quota will be made on the basis of their achievements in the sports as per the instructions in Part-II of General Instructions to the candidates.
- There will not be any Written Test for the selection of candidates under MSP quota but they should possess
the prescribed Physical Standards and qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test.
Minimum qualifying marks prescribed for the Written Test:
- UR – 30%
- MBC/EWS – 25%
- XSM – 20%
Date and Venue of Examination:
- The Physical Standards Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Written Test will be held in Puducherry only.
- The exact date, time, and venue of the examination will be intimated in due course in the recruitment website and also in leading newspapers.
How to Apply for Puducherry Fire Service Department Recruitment 2023?
Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above may apply online only on 31 August 2023(05:45 p.m.).
Procedure For In-service Applicants:
- Applicants who are working in this Department and applying as In-service applicants with age concession also satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions should submit a copy of the online generated application through the proper channel, within the due date and time to “The Under Secretary to Government (Home)-cum-Head of Office (Fire Service), Fire Service Department,
Procedure For Meritorious Sports Persons (MSP) Applicants:
- The candidates applying against the MSP quota have to send a copy of their online generated application along with self-attested photocopies of the relevant sports certificates issued by the competent authorities, superscribing on the cover as “APPLICATION FOR DIRECT RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF FIREMAN UNDER M.S.P. CATEGORY” to the mentioned address before the last date.
For more Details:
To Apply: Click Here
The Under Secretary to Govt. (Home)-cum-Head of Office (Fire Service),
Fire Service Department,
Housing Board Circular Shopping Complex,