Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
Madras High Court Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of Civil Judges in various disciplines. There are 19 vacancies available for above mentioned posts. Candidates with the qualification of LLB is eligible to apply for the job. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
About Madras High Court – The High Court of Tamil Nadu state is Known as Madras High Court. Madras High Court is one of three high courts in India. It will function for Chennai Jurisdiction and also for all over the Tamil Nadu Jurisdiction and Puducherry Union Territory. The Madras High Court current head Justice is Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani. The court exercise civil, criminal, writ cases with the help of 57 Judges including Head Judge.
Madras High Court Recruitment 2023 for Civil Judges:
|Job Role||Civil Judges|
|Total Vacancies||19 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 27,700 – 44,770/-|
|Application Last Date||01 April 2023|
Civil Judges :
For Practising Advocates/ Pleaders / Assistant Public Prosecutors :
- Must possess a Degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or any other equivalent qualification and got enrolled as an Advocate under a State Bar Council established under the Advocates Act, 1961 And
- Must be practising as an Advocate or Pleader in the High Court or Courts subordinate thereto and must have so practiced for not less than three years on the date of the High Court’s Notification for recruitment to the post. Or
- Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than three years of experience as an Advocate and / or Assistant Public Prosecutor on the date of notification.
For Fresh Law Graduates :
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a degree in Law from a recognized University who is eligible to be enrolled as an Advocate and who has secured overall percentage of 50% marks in acquiring such a Law Degree in case of open categories and 45% marks in respect of other reserved categories.
- Fresh Law graduates are those who have obtained the Degree of Law within a period of three years prior to the date of notification.
Age Limit ( As on 01 July 2023 ) :
- For Practising Advocates/ Pleaders / Assistant Public Prosecutors : 25 – 40 years
- For Fresh Law Graduates : 22 – 27 years
Age Relaxation : Persons with Disabilities (PwD) : 10 years (Over and above the admissible maximum age limit prescribed).
Salary : Rs 27,700 – 44,770/-
No.of.Vacancies : 19 Posts ( UR – 06, OBC – 06, EWS – 02, SC – 04, ST – 01 )
Selection Process of Madras High Court Recruitment 2023 :
- The selection process includes Preliminary Test / Main Examination / Viva Voce.
- Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of Total Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination & Viva-voce.
Preliminary Test :
- The preliminary examination will consist of one paper containing 100 multiple choice objective type questions based on the syllabus given below.
- The papers will be set in English only, each question shall carry one mark and 0.10 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The duration of the Preliminary Examination will be three hours.
- The Preliminary Examination is conducted for the purpose of short listing the candidates and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted for determining the final order of merit of the candidates.
Main Examination :
- The Main Written Examination shall be held on two consecutive days in the Forenoon and Afternoon sessions.
- There shall be four descriptive type question papers.
- Each paper shall be of three hours duration and shall carry 100 Marks each.
- On the first day, the examination shall be for Translation Paper & Law Paper – I and on the 2nd day, the Examination shall be for Law Paper II & Law Paper III.
Viva Voce :
- Viva-voce test shall be for sixty (60) marks and candidates shall obtain minimum 18 marks for a pass in the Viva voce.
- The object of viva-voce test is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the cadre by judging their mental alertness, general knowledge, knowledge of law, grasp of procedural laws and principles of law, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character, suitability and intellectual depth, the like of the candidate, his/her tact and ability to handle various situations in the Court, Administrative and Management Skills.
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 18 marks in the viva-voce test alone are eligible for inclusion in the Selection List.
- Since ‘Character’ and ‘Suitability’, of a Candidate, are of utmost importance, for being considered, for appointment to the Puducherry Judicial Service as Civil Judge, the Character and Suitability of the candidate would be enquired into and verified by the Competent Authority, prior to the Viva-Voce (Personal Interview).
Examination Fees :
- Rs 2000/-
- Total Fee exemption for All Women candidates, Persons with Disabilities and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST).
How to apply for Madras High Court Recruitment 2023 ?
The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job through online mode in their official website latest by 01 April 2023 till 11.59 pm.
For more details : Click here
To Apply : Click here
- The candidates should download the Hall Tickets from the website.
- The number of vacancies are only approximate and is liable for modification including reduction with reference to vacancy position at any time before admitting the applicants to oral test.
Important Dates :
- Date of Notification : 01 March 2023
- Last date for submission of On-line Application : 01 April 2023
- Last date for remittance of fee through Bank : 03 April 2023
- Preliminary Examination : 03 June 2023
- Main Written Examination : 05 & 06 August 2023
- Viva-voce : 09 October 2023 On-wards