Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023 – Infosys Foundation has introduced STEM Stars, a scholarship program for girl students that aims to encourage and provide financial assistance, thereby helping them pursue an undergraduate degree in STEM. Girls who are going to enroll in college in the upcoming year can apply for this scholarship scheme as soon as possible. This scholarship scheme is applicable to students (girls) who are going to start their graduation in the fields of Engineering, Medical (MBBS) and other related STEM streams. Interested and eligible students. The detailed eligibility and application process are explained below
About STEM Stars: In India, approximately 1.6 million girls continue to be deprived of education, as they remain out of school. Specifically, around 25% of girl students in India face the unfortunate circumstance of dropping out, particularly during their 10th to 12th grade. An education in STEM is crucial for India and its girl students. STEM unlocks career prospects, fuels innovation, stimulates economic growth, tackles societal changes, and above all, empowers girls in today’s digital age. Unfortunately, Indian women in STEM are highly under-represented. Data indicates that while 52% of women enrolled for STEM courses for their graduation, only 29% of them ended up joining the STEM workforce. Lack of access, mentorship, confidence and monetary constraints are the primary reasons to not opt for STEM, despite realizing its advantages in propelling their career forward.
Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023 :
|Name of the Scholarship||STEM Stars|
|Eligibility||First year graduation (girls)|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 1 Lakh annually|
- Girl students who are citizens of India
- Applicants must be enrolled in the first year of graduation at institutes of repute (NIRF accredited) in the fields of Engineering, Medical (MBBS) and other related STEM streams.
- Applicant’s annual family income must be less than or equal to INR 8,00,000.
- Applicants must have obtained admission into the identified colleges and completed their Class 12.
- Ongoing performance score should be a CGPA of 7 in engineering and such related courses and a pass qualification in all subjects for the year in MBBS for continuity till the completion of the course.
What are the benefits?
The scholarship will cover tuition, living expenses, study materials limited to INR 1 Lakh annually at actuals for the duration of the course.
How to Apply for Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply by following the link as soon as possible.
For more details & Appy: Click here.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Class 12 marksheet and passing certificates along with the JEE / CET /NEET score card.
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/ voter ID card/driving license/PAN card).
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/ bonafide certificate).
- Family income proof certificate issued by appropriate govt. offices / BPL or similar card / Ayushman Bharat card.
- Electricity bills of the past 6 months to be provided as an additional supporting document.
- Bank account details of the applicant (bank passbook/cancelled cheque).
- Recent passport-size photograph.
Infosys STEM Stars Scholarship FAQ’s
Can students apply any time during the year of admission?
No. Students can only apply online on the platform during a particular time period as displayed on the website.
Which are the colleges in which this scheme is open?
This is open to candidates who meet the defined eligibility criteria from the list of colleges published in the website.
Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only candidates who have enrolled into the first year of the published colleges are eligible to apply.
Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
No, only undergraduate degrees from the published list of colleges will be considered.
What is the amount of scholarship payable to the awardees?
The amount of scholarship is capped at Rs. 1 Lakh p.a
Can the awardee claim any other scholarships (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
Yes. They can apply for this scholarship while being covered by other scholarships. However, the expense type must be exclusive to this one.
Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes, students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. However, such awardees could avail scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.