IMSC Recruitment 2023 announced Scientific Assistant -C [Library] who will be responsible for providing necessary academic and research support to the library users with overall supervision and management of the IMSc Library facilities. There is a total of 1 vacancy to be filled for this position. Candidates who completed Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science can apply for this position. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility Criteria and Recruitment Procedure are mentioned below.
About IMSC: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), founded by Alladi Ramakrishnan in 1962, is an autonomous national institution for fundamental research in the areas of Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, and Computational Biology. The Institute is governed by a Board and an Academic Council. The present Director of the institute is V. Ravindran. Research at IMSc is supported by the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India and by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The Institute has a vibrant academic program, including an active Ph.D. program to which a select group of students is admitted every year. IMSc also supports a large number of scientists at the post-doctoral level and hosts a visiting scientist program.
IMSC Recruitment 2023 for Scientific Assistant -C [Library]:
|Job Role||Scientific Assistant -C [Library]|
|Job Category||Govt Job|
|Last date to apply||31 March 2023|
Detailed Eligibility Criteria:
Scientific Assistant -C [Library]:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science. Candidates should have a minimum of 02 years of experience in a large Academic Library in Level – 6 in the pay matrix under 7th CPC or equivalent.
- Essential Skills: Knowledge of Linux/Mac/Windows and office management software modules such as writer, spreadsheet and presentation, etc. Library management software: KOHA or equivalent. Library Repository management software: Dspace, Eprints, etc. Library RFID systems management
- Desirable Skills: Hands-on Experience in Various modules of Library management software- acquisition, cataloging, circulation, and user services. Repository management software: Maintenance of records of theses/dissertations, and other archival materials. Handling of RFID-based library services — circulation, inventory, etc.
- Job Description: The Scientific Assistant ‘C’ assists in the smooth functioning of the activities of the Institute Library and in the systematic maintenance of the records about books, journals subscription and management, user support, and other library reference services. He/She is also responsible for smooth record keeping of library circulation activities including the follow-up actions with users. A higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates.
- Document verification: Candidates are required to produce the relevant certificates in original for verification and submit one set of attested copies for records before the commencement of the Interview. If certificates produced by candidates are not valid, such candidates will not be permitted to appear for Interview.
Age Limit (as on 31 March 2023): Maximum 35 years
No.of.vacancies: 1 Post
Selection Process for IMSC Recruitment 2023:
- The selection process for Scientific Assistant -C [Library] is based on a Written test & Interview. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria only will be called for the Written test and the candidates who are shortlisted in the written test will be called for an Interview on the basis of cut-off marks.
- The date, time, and venue will be intimated through Email separately besides displaying the list of screened-in applicants on the IMSC website.
- Marks obtained in the interview only will be considered for final selection.
Application Fees(Non-refundable): Rs.300/-
Payment Mode: Online only.
How to apply for IMSC Recruitment 2023?
The interested and eligible candidate can apply online latest by 31 March 2023.
For More details: Click here
To apply: Click here