ILS Recruitment 2023 notification announced for the posts of JRF/Project Associate/Others. There are 07 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with the qualification of M.Sc/M.V.Sc/B.E/B.Tech/MVS/Ph.D./12th pass are eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
About ILS: Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee dedicated the institute to the nation in July 2003. Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences. The goal is for the overall development and betterment of human health, longevity, agriculture, and the environment. The stated mission of the institution is to work towards the upliftment of human society and generate skilled human resources for future India.
ILS Recruitment 2023 for JRF/Project Associate/Others:
|Job Role||JRF/Project Associate/Others|
|Total Vacancies||07 Posts|
|Salary||Rs 15,800 – 47,000/-|
|Last Date||21 July 2023|
- Candidates having an M.Sc. or equivalent qualification in Life Sciences or allied subjects such as Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade point (50% for OBC/ST/SC) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have also qualified NET-JRF/NETLS/GATE/GPAT/BET.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience in bioinformatics analysis or cell culture or molecular biology techniques will be preferred.
- Candidates having a Master’s degree in natural or agricultural sciences (life sciences) / M.V.Sc. or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology/computer science or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (relaxation will be given as per GOI guideline) with 2 years of experience
in research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organisations and Scientific activities and services are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to national-level entrance test (NET/GATE/GPAT) qualified candidates.
- For non-NET/GATE candidates, the fellowship would be applicable as per DST guidelines.
- A minimum of two years of experience in programming knowledge, R-Bioconductor, Python, Java, C++, HTML, etc. along with NGS data analysis experience will be preferred in this project.
Senior Project Associate:
- Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSs or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Four years of working experience in research & development in Industrial/Academic Institutions or Science & Technology organizations and scientific activities/ services. OR
- Ph.D. in Science/ Engineering/ Technology/ Pharma/ MD/ MS from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Ph. D. in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or any of the allied subjects.
- An ideal candidate will be competent in working knowledge of Cancer Biology, and handling of experimental animals, as required for the project.
- Candidates should have First-author publication(s) in the field of Cancer Biology.
- Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and are waiting for defense/viva voce may also apply.
- But for such candidates, the fellowship amount will be that of an SRF until he/she defends the thesis.
Field laboratory Attendant:
- High School or equivalent.
- Working experience in the research organization will be preferred.
Age Limit ( As on 21 July 2023 ):
- JRF: 28 years
- Project Associate-II: 35 years
- Senior Project Associate: 40 years
- Research Associate-I/Field Laboratory Attendant: 25 years
Age Relaxation: Age relaxation will be given to the candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
- JRF: Rs 31,000/-
- Project Associate-II: Rs 35,000/-
- Senior Project Associate: Rs 42,000/-
- Research Associate-I: Rs 47,000/-
- Field laboratory Attendant: Rs 15,800/-
No.of.Vacancies: 07 Posts
- JRF: 02 Posts
- Project Associate-II: 01 Post
- Senior Project Associate: 02 Posts
- Research Associate-I: 01 Post
- Field laboratory Attendant: 01 Post
- The selection process includes an Interview.
- Selection will be carried out through application screening, followed by an online interview process.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the ILS website and intimated over email.
How to apply for ILS Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job online on their official website latest by 21 July 2023.
For more details & Apply: Click here
- All communication will be through e-mail.
- No separate call letter will be issued to the candidates.
- Last date for receiving an application: 21 July 2023
- Date of display of shortlisted candidates on the ILS website: 25 July 2023
- Date & time of interview: Will be notified on the website