IISER Mohali Recruitment 2023 notification announced for Junior Research Fellow. There are 01 vacancies available for the posts. Candidates with the qualification of M.Sc is eligible to apply. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job through email. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
IISER Mohali Recruitment 2023 for JRF:
|Total Vacancies||01 Post|
|Stipend||As per DBT norms.|
|Last Date||10 August 2023|
Project Titled: Sexual selection and the evolution of immune function
Project summary: The project aims to examine sexual selection and immune function in crickets. Towards this we will examine the relationship between secondary sexual characteristics in male crickets, immune function in crickets, female mate choice decisions and possible costs and direct/indirect benefit associated with these decisions.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in any discipline of Science or Engineering. Candidate should have cleared any national-level exam conducted by a central government department and their agencies such as DST, DBT, CSIR, UGC, IIT, ICMR etc (exams such as GATE, CSIR-UGC Net including lectureship etc.).
- Candidates with experience in ecology/evolution/behaviour/immunology/entomology will be preferred.
- The project has both fieldwork and lab-based experimental work.
- The fieldwork will be conducted during nighttime as the project is on nocturnal insects and will be physically demanding.
- So, it is critical that the candidate is highly motivated and can handle working both in the field and in the lab and can work with diverse team members.
Duration: 1 year (extendable after review)
Stipend: As per DBT norms.
No.of.Vacancies: 01 Post
- The selection process includes an Interview.
- The shortlisted candidates may be asked to appear for an interview (in person or online)
How to apply for IISER Mohali Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the job by sending their application to the mentioned email latest by 10 August 2023.
For more details: Click here.
The application package should contain:
- A cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate (maximum 300 words)
- Detailed CV (containing complete academic details and relevant experience)
- Copies of academic credentials (mark sheet and degree)
- Certificate of the qualifying exam
- Name and contact of at least two referees.
- All this must be sent in a single file in pdf form.