Top MNC's Hiring Freshers !!! Register Now
IIPS Recruitment 2023: IIPS Recruitment notification announced for Associate Professor & Upper Division Clerk post. There are currently 03 posts available. Candidates who have completed Ph.D. in relevant streams can apply for the job. Selection will be made based on a test and walk-in interview. Detailed qualification and selection details are mentioned below.
About IIPS: The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. It was established in Mumbai in July 1956, till July 1970 it was known as the Demographic Training and Research Centre (DTRC) and till 1985 it was known as the International Institute for Population Studies (IIPS). The Institute was re-designated to its present title in 1985 to facilitate the expansion of its academic activities and was declared a ‘Deemed University’ on August 19, 1985, under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
IIPS Recruitment 2023 for Associate Professor & Upper Division Clerk:
|Job Role||Associate Professor & Upper Division Clerk|
|Job Category||Govt Jobs|
|Total Vacancies||03 Posts|
|Salary||Levels 4, 10 & 13A|
|Experience||0 – 8 Years|
|Last Date||12 May 2023|
IIPS Recruitment Vacancies – Detailed Eligibility:
Associate Professor Level 13A
BIOSTATISTICS & DEMOGRAPHY
- A good Academic record, with a PhD degree in Demography/ Population Studies / Bio-statistics/ Epidemiology or Statistics/ Mathematics / Economics with a specialisation in Demography/ Population Studies.
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks in Demography/Population Studies/ Bio-statistics/ Epidemiology or Statistics / Mathematics / Economics with a specialisation in Demography / Population Studies.
- A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 50%-55% of the marks at the Master’s level to SC/ST/PH candidates and PhD degree holders who have passed master’s degrees before 19-09-1991.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 75 as per the required criteria.
Assistant Professor – Level 10:
BIOSTATISTICS & DEMOGRAPHY:
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Demography /Statistics / Economics / Bio-statistics with a specialisation in Demography / Population Studies.
- A relaxation of 5% will be provided from 50%-55% of the marks at the Master’s level to SC/ST/PH candidates and to PhD degree holders who have passed master’s degrees before 19-09-1991.
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission.
- Provided, the candidates registered for the PhD programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such PhD.
- Candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the required conditions.
Upper Division Clerk –
- Degree of a recognized University or Equivalent.
- Preference will be given to those having proficiency in English/Hindi Short Hand.
- Upper Division Clerk – 27 Years
- Relaxable in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government’s extant rules
Total Vacancies: 03 Posts
- Associate Professor Level 13A – 01 Post (UR)
- Assistant Professor – Level 10 – 01 Post (UR)
- Upper Division Clerk – 01 Post (OBC)
Salary Details( as per 7PC)
- Associate Professor – Level 13A Pay
- Assistant Professor – Level 10 Pay
- Upper Division Clerk – Level 4 Pay
IIPS Recruitment Selection Process 2023:
- The selection process is based on a written test/ an Interview
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the test or interview via Post/Registered Post/Courier service/e-mail
How to Apply for IIPS Recruitment 2023?
Eligible candidates who are interested have to send two sets of duly signed, filled-in applications with the relevant documents to the below given address on or before 12 May 2023.
International Institute for Population Sciences,
Govandi Station Road,
For More Details & Application Form: Click Here