HP SET 2019 – Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission is going to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET 2019) for the posts of Assistant Professors in Universities and Colleges in the State of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates with the qualification of Masters Degree/PhD can apply for this eligibility test, there is no age limit for applying for this examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this test (HP SET) online on or before 30 December 2019. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
HP SET 2019 Examination: Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test
|Job Role||Assistant Professors|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job Location||Himachal Pradesh|
|Last Date||30 December 2019|
Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test – Detailed Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% marks for OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PWD of H.P category candidates) in Master’s Degree from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test
- PhD Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET
HP SET 2019 Eligible Subjects are:
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Computer Science and Applications
- Tourism Administration and Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism
Age limit: There is no upper age limit
HP SET 2019 – Selection Process:
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions.
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus uploaded in the website of the Commission as well as the website of the UGC.
Note: The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I & Paper-II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet.
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper||No. of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
- Aggregate marks for General Category: 40%
- Aggregate marks for reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC (NCL) and PWD): 35%
- For General/EWS: Rs700/-
- For Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer) of H.P: Rs.350/-
- For SC/ST/BPL/PWD/EWS BPL of H.P: Rs.175/-
Payment Mode: By Debit Card, Credit Card and Net Banking.
Examination Centre: Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu and Chamba
How to Apply for HP SET 2019 for Assistant Professors?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position online on or before 30 December 2019.
For More Details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Submission of Online Application Form: 10.12.2019
- Last date for Applying Online: 30.12.2019 (till 11:59 PM)