Home & Political Department Assam Recruitment 2023: Home & Political Department Assam has announced notification for the post of Public Prosecutor(Special/Additional/Assistant). There are 302 vacancies available for this post. Candidates with the qualification of LLB are eligible to apply for the job. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through postal on or before 30 November 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are explained below.
Home & Political Department Assam Recruitment 2023 Public Prosecutor:
|Job Role||Public Prosecutor|
|Total Posts||Not disclosed|
|Job Location||Dispur, Guwahati|
|Last Date||30 November 2023|
Educational Qualification: A graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University of India (established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or Provincial Act) or an Institution recognized by the Govt. of Assam or University Grants Commission.
- Essential Qualification: Must have practised as a regular Advocate for not less than 8 (eight) years, including practice before the High Court basically on the criminal side.
Special/Additional/Assistant Public Prosecutor:
- Essential Qualification: Must have practised as a regular Advocate for not less than 7 (seven) years, including practice before the High Court, basically on the criminal side.
Age Limit(As on 01 January 2023): 21 – 38 Years
- By 5 years for SC/ST candidates, i.e., up to 43 years.
- By 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates i.e., up to 41 years as per Govt. Notification No. ABP. 6/2016/9 dated 25th April, 2018.
- By 10 years irrespective of SC/ST/OBC and UR Category of candidates for Persons with benchmark disability (PwBD)
- The maximum age in respect of Ex-Servicemen shall be 50 (fifty) years for Un-reserved category and shall be relaxed by 3 (three) years for OBC/MOBC candidates and 5 (five) years for SC/ST candidates.
- Public Prosecutor: Rs. 65000-112000 + Grade Pay 18500 + 30% Special Allowance
- Special/Additional/Assistant Public Prosecutor: Rs. 30,000 – 1,10,000 + Grade Pay -17500 + 30% Special Allowance
No.of.Vacancies: 302 Posts
- Public Prosecutor – 26 Posts
- Special Public Prosecutor – 03 Posts
- Additional Public Prosecutor – 88 Posts
- Assistant Public Prosecutor – 185 Posts
- The selection process will be based on a Written Examination/Interview.
- Date, Time, and Venue of Written Examination/Interview Will be announced and intimated in due course.
- Rs. 300/- for General candidates;
- Rs 200/- for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates;
- Rs 50/- for BPL candidates (Details of submission of fees will be intimated on the website in due course of time.)
How to Apply for Home & Political Department Assam Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post by sending the duly filled-up application form, affixing a self-attested Photograph on the top right side of the Form, along with self-attested photocopies of the following documents/certificates by Speed Post/Registered Post/ by Hand between 11:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M to the mentioned address on or before 30 November 2023.
For more details & Application Form: Click here.
Secretary to the Government of Assam,
Home & Political Department,
Room No. 226,
- The envelope should be “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF Public Prosecutor/Special Public Prosecutor/Additional Public Prosecutor/Assistant Public Prosecutor.
- A separate application must be submitted for each post. A
Documents to be submitted:
- Matriculation/ 10th Standard/ HSLC Admit Card/ Pass Certificate issued by Central/ State Board, having a clear indication of the Date of Birth.
- Pass Certificates and Mark sheets of all examinations from Matriculation/ 10th Standard/ HSLC onwards up to the qualifying examination level.
- Document showing Date of Enrolment, with a self-declaration that after enrolment, he/ she has not left practice as an Advocate and has not joined any other service/ profession/ business. In case contrary facts to such claim comes to the fore subsequently, his/ her candidature shall be rejected. It may even lead to termination from service if detected after joining service.
- 2 (two) Passport size photographs