Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2018 for the post of Ship Draftsman Trainee (Mechanical / Electrical) for Diploma candidates.The detailed eligibility and application process are given in below.
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2018:
|Job Role||Ship Draftsman Trainee|
|Last Date||15 January 2018|
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment Detailed Eligibility:
Educational Qualification: Pass in SSLC and Three year Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical/ Electrical disciplines issued by a State Board of Technical Education with 60% marks or equivalent qualification with flair for Draftsmanship and proficiency in CAD.
- Those applicants having qualifications equivalent to any of the prescribed qualifications should submit Equivalency Certificate issued by the competent authority along with their application and without such certificate, their candidature will not be considered.
- The minimum qualification stipulated for all the disciplines must be from a University/ Institute recognized by AICTE/ appropriate statutory authority in India/State/ Central Government.
- Some Universities/Institutes do not award Class or Percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points (e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.). In case University/Institute defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into Class and/or percentage of marks, the same will be accepted.
Discipline wise vacancies: 14 Posts
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Mechanical) – 1 Post
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Electrical) – 13 Posts
Age limit(as on 15.1.2018): Below 25 years relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer), 10 years for Persons With Disabilities (PWD).
Period of training & Stipend:
The period of training will be two years. The Ship Draftsman Trainees will be paid a consolidated stipend of Rs.8,500/-pm during the first year of training, Rs.8,900/-pm during the second year and compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4,200/- pm
Cochin Shipyard Recruitment Selection process:
- The selection process is based on Written Test, Practical Test.
- The written test is objective type and will include questions on General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Discipline related.
- Based on the marks secured in the Written Test, the candidates will be short-listed for the Practical Test.
- For the practical test, candidates are required to prepare a drawing using CAD.
Total: 100 marks
- Diploma Marks: 20 marks
- Written Test: 60 marks
- Practical Test: 20 marks
Application fee: Rs.100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
Mode of payment: Online payment (Debit card/Credit card/Internet Banking)
Examination Centre: Kochi.
How to apply Cochin Shipyard Recruitment 2018?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online latest by 15 January 2018.After submitting applications, send a print out of online application along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 19 January 2018.
For more details & apply: Click here
The Chief General Manager (HR),
Cochin Shipyard Ltd,
- Commencement of Online Application: 3 January 2018
- Last Date of Online Application: 15 January 2018
- Application Fee payment: 3 January 2018 to 15 January 2018
- Last Date of receipt of Online Application: 19 January 2018