Calcutta High Court Recruitment 2019: Applications are invited from the Indian citizens possessing knowledge in the vernacular of the State, for filling up the 25 vacancies in the post of P.A./Stenographer. The graduates of 12th standard with the experience of shorthand and typewriting are eligible for this recruitment. The detailed eligibility and application process of Calcutta High Court Recruitment is given below.
Calcutta High Court:
The high court of Calcutta will be one of the three high courts in India, which comes into existence in the year 1862. ofIt is the oldest high court in India located in Calcutta. The Calcutta high court jurisdiction will cover the west Bengal and union territory of Andaman and Nicobar. Cal, The current chief justice of Calcutta high court, is Thottathil B.Radhakrishnan.
Calcutta High Court Recruitment 2019:
Calcutta High Court Recruitment 2019 for P.A./Stenographer:
|Last Date||11 September 2019|
- A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination from the West Bengal Council of
Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination from a recognised
Council / Board / University / Institution.
- Speed in Shorthand and Typewriting viz 120 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. respectively.
Age Limit( as on 01.01.2019):
- Minimum Age limit:18 Years
- Maximum Age Limit:32 years
- Five years for SC/ST candidates of West Bengal only
- 13 years for PWD candidates
Calcutta High Court Selection Procedure:
The selection of candidates for the post of Stenographer will be made based on performance in the shorthand test.
Scheme of Selection:
- Candidates whose applications are found in order in all respects shall be required to undergo a test in Shorthand at the speed of 120 words per minute.
- The text is to be transcribed in on handwriting within 45 minutes after that.
- The candidates selected and shortlisted based on the result in the above test shall be required to undergo a further examination in Shorthand, to be followed by direct transcription of the text through the aid of a computer at the speed of 30 w.p.m.
- The candidates will be given a further time of 15 minutes immediately after the completion of the dictation before they are asked to transcribe the text, for verification of the outlines.
- For General: Rs.400/-
- For SC/ST(West Bengal candidates only): Rs.200/-
How to apply for Calcutta High Court Recruitment 2019?
All interested and eligible candidates may submit neatly hand-written or typed applications on plain paper of proper size with the required details on or before 11 September 2019.
Note: Every application must be submitted in a closed envelope mentioning therein the category and the post applied for on the bottom left corner.
For more details: Click here
Necessary details in the Application format:
- Full name of the candidate (in capital letters)
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Date of Birth and Actual Age
- Educational Qualification and Other Qualification
- Knowledge in Computer,
- Speed in Shorthand and Typewriting
- Whether belongs to S.C./ S.T./ O.B.C (A)/O.B.C. (B)/ PWD(
- Present employment status, if any,
- Details of depositing application fees, i.e. Indian Postal Order No., Date and Amount
- Signature with date and place
Calcutta High Court Recruitment 2019:(Expired)
|Job Role||Stenographer, Lower Division Clerk, Process Server, Peon & Others|
|Salary||Up to Rs.7,100-37,600/-|
|Job Location||Uttar Dinajpur (West Bengal)|
|Last Date||15 February 2019|
Calcutta High Court Recruitment – Detailed Eligibility:
Stenographer/Lower Division Clerk:
Candidate must have passed Madhayamik or equivalent examination from any recognised Board and at least a Certificate in Computer Training from a recognised Institution and a satisfactory fingering speed in Computer operation.
Technical Qualification: For English Stenographer, a minimum speed @ 80 w.p.m. in Shorthand and a minimum speed @ 40 w.p.m. in typewriting from a legible manuscript in English for 10 minutes.
Peon/Farash/Night Guard/Process Server: The candidate must have class VIII pass certificate from any recognised School or recognised Madrasa or any other recognised equivalent Institution.
Age limit (As on 01.01.2017):
- For all Posts (Except Stenographer): 18 to 40 years
- For Stenographer: No Age limit
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- Five years in case of SC/ST category
- Three years in case of OBC category
- Persons with Disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
- Others as per govt rules.
Calcutta High Court – Post wise vacancies: 43 Posts
- English Stenographer – 6 Posts
- Lower Division Clerk – 15 Posts
- Process Server – 5 Posts
- Peon – 14 Posts
- Farash – 2 Posts
- Night Guard – 1 Post
- English Stenographer: Rs.7,100-37,600/-
- Lower Division Clerk/Process Server: Rs.5,400-25,200/-
- Peon/ Farash/ Night Guard: Rs.4,900-16,200/-
Calcutta High Court Recruitment Selection Process:
The selection process will be based on
- English Stenographer: Screening Test, Dictation & Transcription and Typing Test
- Lower Division Clerk: Preliminary Examination & Main Examination
- Process Server/Peon/Farash/ Night Guard: Written Examination and Personality Test.
- Stenographer: Rs. 400/- for General & OBC, Rs.300/- for SC/ST candidates
- Lower Division Clerk: Rs. 350/- for General & OBC, Rs.250/- for SC/ST candidates
- Group-D (Peon/Farash/Night Guard and Process Server): Rs. 250/- for General & OBC, Rs. 200/- for SC/ST candidates
How to apply for Calcutta High Court Recruitment?
All interested and eligible candidates apply for this position in online latest by 15 February 2019.
For More details: Click here
To Apply: Click here
- Commencement of online submission of application: 28.01.2019
- Closing date of online submission of application: 15.02.2019
- Last date for payment of application fee through online: 15.02.2019
- Last date for payment of application fee through bank challan: 16.02.2019
- Date of Written Examination: Will be intimated later