APSET Exam 2018: Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET-2018) for recruitment and promotions of Lectures, Assistant Professors.The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
APSET Exam 2018:
|Job Role||Lectures, Assistant Professors|
|Total Vacancies||Not Disclosed|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
|Application Start Date||26 March 2018|
|Last Date||2 May 2018|
|Exam Date||1 July 2018|
APSET Exam Detailed Eligibility:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Backward Classes/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Note: The candidates who have qualified earlier in APSET /UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they qualified.
Eligible subjects for APSET Exam:
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Applications
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Life Sciences
- Library & Information Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
- Social work
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for test.
APSET Exam 2018 Selection process:
- The question paper – I which is common for all candidates appearing APSET will be bilingual (English and Telugu).
- Paper – II for the following subjects a) Commerce b) Economics c) Education d) History e) political Science f) Public administration g) Sociology and h) Social work will be bilingual (English and Telugu). All the remaining papers are in English only.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- There is no negative marking.
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper||No. of Qns||Marks||Duration|
|Paper-I||50||100||1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)|
|Paper-II||100||200||2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.)|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type questions. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject selected by the
candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Rs. 1,000/- for General Category
- Rs. 800/- for B.C. category
- Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PH/VH category
Mode of payment: Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking.
Examination Centre: Visakhapatnam, Rajamahendravaram (Rajamundry), Guntur, Nellore, Ananthapur and Thirupati.
How to apply APSET Exam 2018?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this position in online from 26 March 2018 to 2 May 2018.
For More details & Apply: Click here
APSET Exam – Important Dates:
- APSET Notification: 18th March 2018
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications: 26th March 2018
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee): 2nd May 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000 + Registration Fee: 10th May 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000 + Registration Fee: 21st May 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000 + Registration Fee: ( Examination centre at Visakhapatnam only): 6th June 2018
- Date of examination: 1st July 2018