Puducherry Police Recruitment 2023- Puducherry Police has announced an online notification for the post of Home Guard. There are 500 vacancies to be filled for this recruitment. Candidates who have passed 10th standard are eligible to apply for this position. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before last date 29 November 2023. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below.
Puducherry Police Recruitment 2023:
|Job Role||Home Guard|
|Salary/month||Best In Industry|
|Last Date||29 November 2023|
Home Guard ( Male & Female):
- Pass in Standard 10th or its equivalent.
- Should be a domicile of Puducherry Union Territory.
Training: The selected Home Guards will undergo a basic training for 64 parade days at the rate of 3 periods of 45 minutes duration each day.
Age limit(as on 29.11.2023):
- Male: 18 – 50 years
- Female: 18 – 40 years
No of vacancies:
- Home Guard ( Male): 420 posts
- Puducherry – 290
- Karaikal – 68
- Mahe – 37
- Yanam – 25
- Home Guard ( Female): 80 posts
- Puducherry – 58
- Karaikal – 12
- Mahe – 9
- Yanam – 1
Selection Process of Puducherry Police Recruitment :
- The selection for the posts shall be made based on the Physical Standard Test/Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, and Medical examination.
- Candidates who pass the Written Test shall undergo a medical examination.
Physical Standard Test:
|Height||165 cms||154 cms|
|Weight||18.50 to 29.9 kg||45 kgs|
Physical Efficiency Test (Only Male):
|800 meters run
|2 minutes and 50 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.80 meters|
|High Jump||1.20 meters|
|100 meters run||20 seconds|
Written Test(200 Marks):
All candidates who qualify the Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test shall undergo a Written Test. The questions will be of SSLC standard of objective type. The exam will be for two hours duration:
|Mathematics and General Science||25|
|History, Geography & Civics||25|
|General Knowledge & Current Events||50|
- In the Written Test Negative mark of 0.25 will be awarded for every wrong answer and multiple answers will be treated as a wrong answer.
- The question paper for the Written Test will be bilingual (except General English) i.e., in English and in any one of the regional languages, namely Tamil or Telugu or Malayalam.
Final list of selected candidates: Candidates who secure 35% of marks will be considered to have qualified in the test. The result of successful candidates will be hosted on the recruitment portal/ Department’s website.
Date and Venue of Examination:
- The Physical Standards Test, Physical Efficiency Test, and Written Test will, Certificate verification and Medical examination be held in Puducherry only.
- The exact date, time, and venue of the examination will be intimated in due course in the recruitment website and also in leading newspapers.
How to Apply for Puducherry Police Recruitment 2023?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the post on or before 29 November 2023 (5.45PM)
For more Details & Apply: Click Here
- Opening date of online application: 30 October 2023 (10.00 A.M.)
- Closing date of online application: 29 November 2023 (5.45 P.M.)