OSSSC Recruitment 2023 – The Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSSC) has announced an online job notification for recruitment to the post of Livestock Inspector/Forester/Forest Guard. There are 2712 vacancies to be filled for this post. Interested candidates having 12th/10th qualification eligible for this recruitment can apply on or before 25 November 2023. The age limit of the candidates should be 18 to 38 years. The selection process will be based on a Written Test /Interview. The detailed eligibility and selection process are given below in detail.
About OSSSC: The Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission was setup in accordance with the Odisha Sub-Ordinate Staff Selection Commission (Dist. Cadre),The Commission intends to regulate the method of recruitment to all Group-C Civil posts and Services under different district offices of Government of Odisha. The Commission endeavors to bring about uniformity in the method of examinations, question setting, evaluation and declaration of results with a view to provide quality manpower to work at the grass-root level of the administration.
OSSSC Recruitment 2023 for Livestock Inspector/Forester/Forest Guard:
|Job Role||Livestock Inspector/Forester/Forest Guard|
|Total Vacancies||2712 Posts|
|Salary||Rs.19,900 -25,500/- per month|
|Application Last Date||25 November 2023|
- The candidate must have passed the +2 Vocational Courses in the field of Animal Husbandry or Dairy or Poultry or Meat or Animal Production or +2 Science from a recognised Educational Institution or Board or Council or University and the Gomitra candidates must have passed +2 Science or +2 Vocational Courses in the allied Animal Husbandry activities with satisfactory performance in Artificial Insemination(A.1.) activities for three years under the National Project for Cattle and Buffalo Breeding(NPCBB).
Forester: The candidate must have passed +2 Science from a recognized university, Institution or Board as the case may be with knowledge in basic Computer skills.
Forest Guard: The candidate must have passed High School Certificate Examination (10+) from a recognized Board or Institution.
Age Limit(As on 01 January 2023): 18 – 38 Years
Relaxations in Upper Age limit:
- 5 years relaxable for SC/ST/SEBC/Women Category.
- 10 years relaxable for PWD.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen.
Total Vacancies: 2712 Posts
- Livestock Inspector: 1677 Posts
- Forester: 316 Posts
- Forest Guard: 719 Posts
- Livestock Inspector: Rs. 21,7000/-
- Forester: Rs. 25,500/-
- Forest Guard: Rs. 19,900/-
OSSSC Recruitment 2023 Selection Process:
- The Combined Recruitment Examination shall consist of the following stages.
There shall be a Written Test of 150 marks (MCQ type in OMR System) in one paper as detailed below:
|Papers||Subjects of Written Test||No of
- The Written Test shall be of the standard of 10″Y/ High School Certificate Examination.
- In the Written Test, there shall be a negative marking @0.50 mark per question for wrong/multiple answers.
- In the Written Test, the minimum qualifying marks for ST, SC, PwD, Ex-Servicemen and Sportsperson category of candidates shall be 30% and the minimum qualifying, marks for candidates other than ST, SC, PwD, Ex-Servicemen and Sportsperson categories shall be 35%.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Gomitra candidates shall be 20%.
- Candidates shall be shortlisted/screened 3 times, the number of vacancies advertised category / special category wise as per merit on the basis of the performance in the Written Test (marks secured/awarded) and the candidates so screened shall be called for a Physical Test.
How to apply for OSSSC Recruitment 2023?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post online on or before 25 November 2023.
All interested and eligible candidates can register themselves (New User) & already registered candidates should re-register (Registered User) themselves in the official website on or before 20 November 2023.
For More Details: Click here.
To Apply: Click here.